add/remove programs starts, but will not open.

add/remove programs starts, but will not open.

Post by Geral » Sun, 04 Nov 2001 23:05:52

When I click on Add/Remove Programs it starts to open but
thencloses before it can load. The same thing happens when
I try to open a topic in Help under the Index section. Any
suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Post by bluetic » Fri, 11 Jan 2002 19:11:33

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>When I click on Add/Remove Programs it starts to open but
>thencloses before it can load. The same thing happens
when
>I try to open a topic in Help under the Index section.
Any
>suggestions would be greatly appreciated

>Thanks
>.
>I had the same problem. I updated to IE6 and add/remove

programs and windows explorer quit working. I uninstalled
ie6 using the command line switch /u.

Post by Jerold Schulma » Sat, 12 Jan 2002 06:14:13

> [...]

Tip 2764 and link in the 'NT Reg Hacks' at http://www.jsiinc.com

Jerold Schulman / MVP
JSI, Inc.
http://www.jsiinc.com

1. Add/remove programs will not open

I have a client running windows 2000 Server.  In control
panel when we click add/remove programs we get nothing.
It seems to be opening for a few seconds and then the hour
glass goes away and nothing happens.  We have tried to
check system files and have reapplied service pack 2 and
still nothing.

2. ownership of files created by cvs

3. ADD/REMOVE Programs not opening

4. First Thing We Do Is Kill All the Lawyers

5. Class not registered (Appwiz.cpl) when opening ADD/REMOVE programs applet in Windows 2000

6. Password Sync with NT Clients and Solaris 2.6

7. add/remove programs will not open

8. Pythagoras font needed

9. Add/Remove Programs will not open

10. could not open add/remove programs

11. add and remove program will not open

12. Add/Remove Programs not opening in Control Panel in Win2K - Help?

13. Can not open Add & Remove Programs