IPsec quesion-please read

Post by Gerar » Sat, 23 Jun 2001 15:29:18

If you want to use VPN with IPSec that means you have to use L2TP. As you
might know the L2 stands for Layer 2.
So if you use a firewall with e.g. NAT it must definitly support it.

gs

Quote:> Hi,
> I am going to use Ipsec in my VPN connection .
> MY VPN server is w2k that supports IPsec,
> Should my router and firewall supports IPsec as well or it doesnt
> matter.

> Thanks in advance
> Rob

1. IBM "ThinkPad 600" Model Upgrade Quesion: PLEASE HELP!

Dear all,
I just upgraded my current IBM ThinkPad 600 laptop from NT 4.0 desktop
to Win2000 Pro, and during the hardware detection it displayed a message
regarding my modem. After the install, it tries to install an "unknown"
hardware (I think it is the Modem) but there are no drivers available
for it.

Can anyone determine what modem comes with this laptop? I got a message
that this modem is designed to work in these countries: blah,blah, USA.
then it gave me an option to remind me in 1 month (or more).

Can you help please? Thanks in advance!

--
Best regards,
Shawn Tooryani

2. 95LX, auto power *on*

3. please read and please respond

4. Incremental Development Process is Key to Capturing OO Benefits

5. Quick unrelated quesion on *.iso extension

6. IPX gateway and Bindery services

7. Quesion-HELP

8. inbox readonly problem

9. msconfig/startup/LoadPowerProfile quesions

10. XP IPSEC vs W2K IPSEC

11. Compression on Win2k IPSec and L2TP/IPSec