Zoom 2400 s/rfax wont auto answer modem mode

Zoom 2400 s/rfax wont auto answer modem mode

Post by Jeff Sicherm » Mon, 14 Sep 1992 10:29:57

fax-sounding tones and returning a class- 1-looking result code (+FH??
or like that). Doing a TAZ, turning it off and on again dont seem to help.
BTW, this is through a Panasonic Key (telephone) system (but with a two-wire
connection to the modem) if that makes a difference.

--
Jeff Sicherman
up the net without a .sig

1. Wanted 2400 bps MNP Leased Line but Auto Answer / Originate Modems

I needed modems capable of leased line operation with error correction at
2400 bps.  I borrowed  someone's modems and tested them, tyhey work fine
but have a problem.  They do not AUTO ORIGINATE and AUTO ANSWER respectively
in the case of a reset or power failure recovery.  This makes it
a major problem to restart the connection.

I have the Telebit WorldBlazer and Trailblazer modems that can do this
(i.e. auto answ and orig) but they are too expensive for the need I have.

I am looking for inexpensive modems with leased line options.  I have
two 2400 bps modems, the Smart One and the Viva 24, both of which have
leased line but no auto operation.

I was hoping someone is using 2400 bps modems that happen to have that
feature so I can find them in the market.

Thanks for your help

Regards

Imran

2. How to detect the failure of a hardisk or filesystem in vxWorks?

3. TIME-CRITICAL: Xenix/286 and Hayes 2400, Auto-Answer

4. screen recording software

5. Supra 2400 auto-answer problem

6. ! AmigaWorld 1-800 Number

7. Set Modem to be Auto answering mode

8. ARJ Passwd lost

9. ZOOM 2400 Baud vs. Other 2400 baud

10. zoom 28.8 modems will not auto answer properly

11. USR Auto answer in V.25bis mode

12. Auto Answer Mode

13. Auto-Answer mode for USR Courier V32bis