ENABLING call waiting

Post by <bandst.. » Wed, 25 Oct 2000 13:30:08

I know most people want to do the opposite, but...  How can I make it so
that when a phone call comes in while I'm on-line I get bumped off-line?
I'm sick of missing calls.  No download is too important.

ENABLING call waiting

Post by Art Jackso » Wed, 25 Oct 2000 04:00:00

> I know most people want to do the opposite, but...  How can I make it so
> that when a phone call comes in while I'm on-line I get bumped off-line?
> I'm sick of missing calls.  No download is too important.

> --

Most newer modems will try to hold on to a connection during the CW
tone. A few have been successful in getting a disconnect by adding
S9=1 S10=1 to DUN's Extra settings box. If that doesn't work, look
at the information below.

Information on Call-Waiting detectors, modems, and software solutions,
can be found at the links below. I do not endorse or have any
connection with any of these products. YMMV Good luck.
http://www.cpscom.com/gprod/cws.htm
http://www.actiontec.com/
http://www.usr.com/products/home/home-product.asp?type=features&sku=U...
http://www.zoomtel.com/news/channel2.shtml
http://www.callwave.com/?r=freedrive4
http://www.busybuster.com/
http://www.mtnsys.com/
http://home.fptechnologies.com/telcom/callcatcher/
http://www.whoisit.com/

In the UK? Try this link.
http://www.ainslie.org.uk/callerid.htm
http://www.call-wait.com/

--
Art Jackson W4TOY Owensboro, KY USA

When all else fails, read THE instructions.
Found in the HOLY BIBLE       God Bless

ENABLING call waiting

Post by <bandst.. » Fri, 03 Nov 2000 17:30:05

Thank you for your help.  Seems like the outboard call-waiting detection
devices are the best option.

AD

> > I know most people want to do the opposite, but...  How can I make it
so
> > that when a phone call comes in while I'm on-line I get bumped off-
line?
> > I'm sick of missing calls.  No download is too important.

> > --

> Most newer modems will try to hold on to a connection during the CW
> tone. A few have been successful in getting a disconnect by adding
> S9=1 S10=1 to DUN's Extra settings box. If that doesn't work, look
> at the information below.

> Information on Call-Waiting detectors, modems, and software solutions,
> can be found at the links below. I do not endorse or have any
> connection with any of these products. YMMV Good luck.
> http://www.cpscom.com/gprod/cws.htm
> http://www.actiontec.com/
> http://www.usr.com/products/home/home-product.asp?

type=features&sku=USR5695

> http://www.zoomtel.com/news/channel2.shtml
> http://www.callwave.com/?r=freedrive4
> http://www.busybuster.com/
> http://www.mtnsys.com/
> http://home.fptechnologies.com/telcom/callcatcher/
> http://www.whoisit.com/

> In the UK? Try this link.
> http://www.ainslie.org.uk/callerid.htm
> http://www.call-wait.com/

> --
> Art Jackson W4TOY Owensboro, KY USA

> When all else fails, read THE instructions.
> Found in the HOLY BIBLE       God Bless

ENABLING call waiting

[POSTED TO comp.dcom.modems; PLEASE REPLY THERE]

http://ModemFAQ.home.att.net/faq_a.htm#CallWaiting

--
Best regards,
John Navas     <http://navasgrp.home.att.net/>

ENABLING call waiting

Post by Franc Zabk » Sat, 11 Nov 2000 15:21:05

> > I know most people want to do the opposite, but...  How can I make it so
> > that when a phone call comes in while I'm on-line I get bumped off-line?
> > I'm sick of missing calls.  No download is too important.
> Most newer modems will try to hold on to a connection during the CW
> tone. A few have been successful in getting a disconnect by adding
> S9=1 S10=1 to DUN's Extra settings box. If that doesn't work, look
> at the information below.

To detect call waiting using a current model Rockwell/Conexant modem,
set S10 >= 16.

From a Conexant command reference manual:

3.3.3.11 S10 - Lost Carrier To Hang Up Delay

S10 sets the length of time, in tenths of a second, that the modem
waits before* up after a loss of carrier. This allows for a
temporary carrier loss without causing the local modem to disconnect.
When register S10 is set to 255, the modem functions as if a carrier
is always present.

The actual interval the modem waits before disconnecting is the value
in register S10 minus the value in register S9. Therefore, the S10
value must be greater than the S9 value or else the modem disconnects
before it recognizes the carrier.

Range: 1-255 tenths of a second
Default: 14 (1.4 seconds)

Note: For Call Waiting detection, if the modem is set to US country
code and S10 >=16, then the modem will detect the Call Waiting tone
and hang-up the line. If S10 <16, the modem will not detect Call
Waiting tone.

-- Franc Zabkar

Please remove one 'e' from my address when replying by email.

1. AOL - enabling call waiting - another problem

Hello,

I read the solution to enabling call waiting to come through on AOL.
I followed the instructions, tested it out and it worked perfectly -
the first time.  Now when a call comes through, I get disconnected,
but when I pick up the line, it's just a long beep; the caller has to
call back.  Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks!

2. debug web applications

3. *Enabling* call waiting

4. Geoff Goodfellow's article on Cellular Phone Fraud

5. Need help *enabling* call waiting

6. Porting codecs...

7. Help enable call waiting disconnect with 56K MHZ PC card Modem PLEASE

8. Email, Procmail sort through emacs

9. Sportster; Enable call waiting? Help

10. How to enable call waiting?

11. Enabling call waiting w/Zoom?

12. ENABLE call waiting when using a modem???