SDL ROM update for Courier V. Everything

SDL ROM update for Courier V. Everything

Post by FILE HOU » Tue, 16 May 1995 04:00:00

Does anyone know when the next SDL Rom update is coming out from US Robotics for the Courier
V. Everything?  The last one came out in December of '94.

SDL ROM update for Courier V. Everything

Post by Doug Earn » Tue, 16 May 1995 04:00:00

Quote:

>Does anyone know when the next SDL Rom update is coming out from US Robotics for the Courier
>V. Everything?  The last one came out in December of '94.

I'm interested in the same info.  Has USR issued an updated flash rom 'sdl.exe' program
lately?  I think tha last one I got was in Dec 1994 also.

ANYONE HAVE ANY INFORMATION ON THIS?????

Thanks,
Doug

SDL ROM update for Courier V. Everything

Post by Zack Vaugh » Tue, 16 May 1995 04:00:00

says:
Quote:

>Does anyone know when the next SDL Rom update is coming out from US Robotics
for the Courier
>V. Everything?  The last one came out in December of '94.

Yeah, I am interested in that too...

Anyone have any info on it?

-Zack Vaughan
Boulder, CO

SDL ROM update for Courier V. Everything

Post by Wingm » Wed, 17 May 1995 04:00:00

Quote:>>Does anyone know when the next SDL Rom update is coming out from US Robotics for
the Courier
>>V. Everything?  The last one came out in December of '94.

>I'm interested in the same info.  Has USR issued an updated flash rom 'sdl.exe'
program
>lately?  I think tha last one I got was in Dec 1994 also.

>ANYONE HAVE ANY INFORMATION ON THIS?????

I just check on their FTP site and BBS tonight and it seems that the latest is
12/2/94.  They have some recent (May 1995) updates, but these are for South African
 and other foreign modems...

I'd be interested to know if there's a newer ROM than 12/02/94.  Mine still says
it's a FIELD TRIAL modem!

--
*****The WINGMAN*****

Post by Anthony Hi » Fri, 19 May 1995 04:00:00

>>Does anyone know when the next SDL Rom update is coming out from US Robotics for the Courier
>>V. Everything?  The last one came out in December of '94.

> I'm interested in the same info.  Has USR issued an updated flash rom 'sdl.exe' program
> lately?  I think tha last one I got was in Dec 1994 also.

> ANYONE HAVE ANY INFORMATION ON THIS?????

        USR is testing some new features for LAP-M (Selective Reject and
larger packet sizes), I'd imagine they'll make sure they get these things
working properly before the next Flash ROM.  There may be some new field
trial codes availible off the USR ftp site if you don't mind running new
beta codes, some of them work just fine.  I suspect that it'll take at
least a few more weeks before we see any public release (although I could
be wrong).

Anthony

--

SDL ROM update for Courier V. Everything

Post by Anthony Hill,an.. » Fri, 19 May 1995 04:00:00

HOUND) says:

>>Does anyone know when the next SDL Rom update is coming out from US

Robotics for the Courier

Quote:>>V. Everything?  The last one came out in December of '94.

Post by Mik » Fri, 19 May 1995 04:00:00

>    USR is testing some new features for LAP-M (Selective Reject and
>larger packet sizes), I'd imagine they'll make sure they get these things
>working properly before the next Flash ROM.  There may be some new field
>trial codes availible off the USR ftp site if you don't mind running new
>beta codes, some of them work just fine.  I suspect that it'll take at
>least a few more weeks before we see any public release (although I could
>be wrong).
>Anthony
>--

And these beta's would be... Where?

Far as i know they deleted there Beta Directory, or Hid it. One or the other.

--

- Finger him for a cute stupid picture, In a world of ferroconcrete     -
- We need a man who can run through the rafters like a rat,             -

Post by Geoffrey Wel » Wed, 31 May 1995 04:00:00

> >       USR is testing some new features for LAP-M (Selective Reject and
> >larger packet sizes), I'd imagine they'll make sure they get these things
> >working properly before the next Flash ROM.  There may be some new field
> >trial codes availible off the USR ftp site if you don't mind running new
> >beta codes, some of them work just fine.  I suspect that it'll take at
> >least a few more weeks before we see any public release (although I could
> >be wrong).

> And these beta's would be... Where?

> Far as i know they deleted there Beta Directory, or Hid it. One or the other.

It would appear that the ftp daemon on USR's NetWare server will not give
anonymous logins access to files in the ftrial/dl01 directory.

We'll just have to wait for it to show up in the dl05 directory.

       We can only hope that people will outgrow the need for government
      before the government finishes outgrowing the need for the people.

Post by Christian Weisgerb » Thu, 08 Jun 1995 04:00:00

> It would appear that the ftp daemon on USR's NetWare server will not give
> anonymous logins access to files in the ftrial/dl01 directory.
> We'll just have to wait for it to show up in the dl05 directory.

Are you guys talking about this BETA release? 33.6k & 31.2k, SREJ, 244
byte frames with LAPM.

--------------->
Configuration Profile...

Product type           US/Canada External
Options                HST,V32bis,Terbo,VFC,V34+
Fax Options            Class 1/Class 2.0
Clock Freq             20.16Mhz
Eprom                  256k
Ram                    32k

Supervisor date        05/15/95
DSP date               05/12/95

Supervisor rev         6.2.0
DSP rev                1.2.0

OK
<---------------

Does anybody have a free corner on an FTP server and wants to offer this
firmware there? Tell me where, and I'll upload it.

--

  "Nur ein isoliertes ZConnect-System ist ein gutes ZConnect-System."

Post by Tran » Fri, 09 Jun 1995 04:00:00

 CW> Subject: Re: SDL ROM update for Courier V. Everything
 CW> Date: 7 Jun 1995 01:58:43 +0200

 CW> Are you guys talking about this BETA release? 33.6k & 31.2k,
 CW> SREJ, 244 byte frames with LAPM.

 CW> --------------->
 CW> Configuration Profile...

 CW> Product type           US/Canada External
 CW> Options                HST,V32bis,Terbo,VFC,V34+
 CW> Fax Options            Class 1/Class 2.0
 CW> Clock Freq             20.16Mhz
 CW> Eprom                  256k
 CW> Ram                    32k

 CW> Supervisor date        05/15/95
 CW> DSP date               05/12/95

 CW> Supervisor rev         6.2.0
 CW> DSP rev                1.2.0

 CW> OK
 CW> <---------------

 CW> Does anybody have a free corner on an FTP server and wants to
 CW> offer this firmware there? Tell me where, and I'll upload it.

I take it you're not a beta tester. Would be nice to see this go
through its paces with the beta and field trial crews before it
gets spread all over hell's half acre, naddy. You know what
happens when unsupported code is released, don't you? USR gets a
bunch of *ing and moaning idiots on the phone to tech support
wondering why things are broken.

Please, don't spread this around. Wait till the bug chasing is
over with and any necessary fixes have been made.

Trane Francks

... USR Field Trial Japan Supernode/IFDC Asian Supersite
--- Via Silver Xpress V4.02B03P JA12181

 ____|                                                                    |____
 \   |         The Watering Hole BBS, Tokyo, Japan  +81-427-34-4561       |   /
  \  |          FidoNet, OS2NET, TechNet-1, JIXnet, e-mail, usenet        |  /
   \ |            The Watering Hole BBS is a limited-access ISP.          | /

  /  |____________________________________________________________________|  \
 /______)                                                             (_______\

SDL ROM update for Courier V. Everything

Post by Viktor Areva » Fri, 09 Jun 1995 04:00:00

My experience: the update functions flawless, it doesn't feel buggy at all. Of
course, it's too early to say more. I like it!

Cheers from Argentina

: Viktor Arevalo Menchaca : e-mail:             :

: 2000 Rosario            : Phone:              :
: Argentina               : 0054 41 822178      :

SDL ROM update for Courier V. Everything

Post by matt fo » Sat, 10 Jun 1995 04:00:00

Quote:

> Trane Francks

> .... USR Field Trial Japan Supernode/IFDC Asian Supersite
> --- Via Silver Xpress V4.02B03P JA12181

when is some new japan courier code going to come out? the japan
flash rom on usr's bbs dates back to september 94

SDL ROM update for Courier V. Everything

Post by Wingm » Mon, 12 Jun 1995 04:00:00

Quote:>I take it you're not a beta tester. Would be nice to see this go
>through its paces with the beta and field trial crews before it
>gets spread all over hell's half acre, naddy. You know what
>happens when unsupported code is released, don't you? USR gets a
>bunch of *ing and moaning idiots on the phone to tech support
>wondering why things are broken.

>Please, don't spread this around. Wait till the bug chasing is
>over with and any necessary fixes have been made.

No problems here whatsoever.  I do agree with you, though, about some lamers
who complain about the beta, knowing full well that it is not supported by
USR, but still don't understand that they're on their own once they install it
into the modem...

--
Proud owner of the best modem in the world:
USRobotics 33.6k v.everything modem.

Post by Richard Mobu » Mon, 12 Jun 1995 04:00:00

>Subject: Re: SDL ROM update for Courier V. Everything
>Date: 11 Jun 1995 20:09:34 GMT
>No problems here whatsoever.  I do agree with you, though, about some lamers
>who complain about the beta, knowing full well that it is not supported by
>USR, but still don't understand that they're on their own once they install it
>into the modem...
>--
>Proud owner of the best modem in the world:
>USRobotics 33.6k v.everything modem.
>--

I've dowloaded and installed the Beta software. It's better in everything I've
done including not falling back to 14.4 which this Courier did when it was
cold.
 Before in the first 1/2 hour of operation it always fell back.
 Now no problem. In addition I seem to connect a lot more at 28.8 although
that is just a subjective feeling.  My ISP has Couriers, it will be fun to see
what happens if they update later to V34+.  I also kept the latest version of
the currently supported USRSDL.EXE but have seen no reason to go back.
Regards,

"Countries used to be judged on weapons and money. Now it's moving bits"