Jumper settings for Spectrum Signal Processing's Envoy 14.4

Jumper settings for Spectrum Signal Processing's Envoy 14.4

Post by jd » Sat, 04 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Anyone have the documentation around for one of these?
 Its has an mwave DSP TMS320M chip and 7 jumper blocks

I need to set it up on Com3 to work as a normal modem.
Its being installed in a Packard Bell  486.
Any help would be appreciated!

Jumper settings for Spectrum Signal Processing's Envoy 14.4

Post by Franc Zabk » Wed, 08 Apr 1998 04:00:00

On Fri, 03 Apr 1998 11:48:56 -0700, jd put finger to keyboard and
composed:

Quote:>Anyone have the documentation around for one of these?
> Its has an mwave DSP TMS320M chip and 7 jumper blocks

>I need to set it up on Com3 to work as a normal modem.

I don't have your jumper settings, but here is a general
troubleshooting guide (for modems and others):

Your card's chipset produces an INTR signal which is probably commoned
to one side of your IRQ jumpers. The other sides could be bussed to
the card's edge connector(s) as follows:

IRQ    Pin Name
---------------
3      B25
4      B24
5      B23
7      B21
9      B4
10     D3
11     D4

Slot pin-outs (component side of M/B)
-------------------------------------

Rear of M/B                     Front of M/B

A1_______________________A31  C1___________C18
  |                     |       |         |
B1-----------------------B31  D1-----------D18

All my internal modems are 8-bit cards (UARTs are 8-bit devices).
Hence, C1-C18 & D1-D18 are not used.

If you have a multimeter (or good eyesight), you could check for
continuity between the IRQ pins on the edge connector and the various
jumpers (do this with all jumpers removed!). This will establish the
function of the IRQ jumpers.

The remaining jumpers are probably involved in COM port address
selection, and possibly with PnP enable/disable. I'm guessing that two
jumpers are used to select 1 of 4 COM ports. I can't see how to decode
these except by trial and error, using MSD.EXE or your BIOS boot-up
table, perhaps? You may find that the two COM jumpers are coded in
binary (0-3), eg OFF OFF for COM1, OFF ON for COM2, ON OFF for COM3,
and ON ON for COM4. [This example assumes OFF=0, ON=1. However, the
inverse may apply.]

One thing to watch out for - DOS assigns names to the COM ports in the
order in which they are detected. However, the 'industry' generally
understands the following:

COM Port     Address (hex)
--------------------------
1            3F8
2            2F8
3            3E8
4            2E8

- Franc Zabkar

1. Spectrum Envoy 14.4 Modem

I have a friend I am trying to help with a problem.
He bought some time ago, a Spectrum Envoy 14.4 modem with a DSP
TMS320M..
chip in it.
I contacted the company that manufactured the modem, but their only
'TECH SUPPORT' was to say "we quit making that modem 1 1/2 years ago..
its obsolete... we have no information or software available"...
 I sure wouldnt buy ANYTHING from them after hearing that... though with
an attitude
towards technical support like that, their company will be obsolete
before too long :)

Anyway.. I want to set it up on my friends' Packard Bell 486 on Com3
(Com 1 and 2 are actual ports).  And win95 , or DOS for that matter,
cant see the modem or Com3.

I have 2 questions..

    1. Do I have to get into Cmos on it to enable com3? (how do I do
that on a
        Packard Bell anyway... it isnt delete... )

    2.    The Modem has 7 sets of Jumpers as follows:

            JB1  has 12 pins
            JB2  has 2
            JB3  has 4
            JB4  has 8
            JB5  has 6
            JB6  has 6
            JB7  has 3

            Does anyone out there have any documentation for one of
theses as far as the
            jumper settings?

2. TCP/IP for WARP

3. Need Logicode 14.4 Modem Jumper Settings

4. Unreal??

5. Jumper settings for a cardinal 14.4

6. SQL*Net TCP/IP for windows and Microsoft TCP/IP

7. Jumper setting needed fo GWC internal modem 14.4

8. Desktop support or desktop Installs? Your advice?

9. SupraFaxModem 14.4 Jumper settings

10. Sportster 14.4 Jumper Settings

11. Spectrum Signal Processing and Win95

12. Spectrum Envoy? Anyone have one?

13. Spectrum Envoy Info