Store Modulated Data onto tape recorder

Post by Derek Fletche » Fri, 26 Oct 2001 06:49:20

Any ideas on how I could use only ONE external modem to receive rs232 data
and have it modulate the data so that I can output the audio to my soundcard
or tape recorder. I only need 4800 baud. I am thinking I need to use a
signal generator (imitate answering modem carrier)to fake my modem into

audio of two modems negotiating, or just the answering modem. I have
disabled dialtone detect by ATX0 and given it ATN0S37=7 to lock it to 4800
baud and to disable automode. Do I need to also disable handshaking?
OR am I totally out to lunch with my approach?

I also built a circuit to provide enough milliamps to power the rj11 jack
and have tapped into this phone cord to get the audio out. This circuit
enables me to directly connect two modems without using phone system. My
intention was to get two talking and then see if I could get to just the one
modem scenario. Any help would be appreciated.
Derek

1. Store RS232 data onto tape recorder

[...]

2. Remotely view local security policy

3. Using modem to modulate data onto audio track??

4. CP/M card?

5. Time stamping tape recorder - does it exist?

6. Trailing blanks in filenames

7. Fun with tape recorders

8. NM SDK & Whiteboard

9. Store-to-Store Link?

10. Cisco 2620 - Throughput, Commit Burst, and Excess Burst data stored in the MIB

11. Using modems to store data on CD

12. >> Store old data in CD-ROM <<

13. CAT5 Testers and stored test data