Using modems to store data on CD

Post by Kinse » Fri, 14 May 1999 04:00:00

OK Guys, this may sound crazy, but..  I want to take a stream of digital
data and store it on one channel of a CD.  To do this I would need a
Frequency Shift modulator, and then on the other end a demodulator.  This
seems to me to be exactly what a modem is doing.  I'd like to bypass all of
the dial tone detection/ring detect circuitry, and obviously there won't be
any real handshaking going on.  I could set 2 modems up on a phone line and
record the "conversation", but there must be a better way!  Any Ideas?

Kinsey Fobes