NEWCOM X2 56K Modem ? HELP HELP HELP HELP

NEWCOM X2 56K Modem ? HELP HELP HELP HELP

Post by J.M » Sun, 25 May 1997 04:00:00

HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP
HELP

Help me.. I just bought an X2 56k modem from a friend but he didnt have the
drivers for it... I need the X2 drivers somebody... If you have it can you
please post it to this group but preferably can you e-mail it to :

Thanks

I would greatly appreciate this..

Jomar

NEWCOM X2 56K Modem ? HELP HELP HELP HELP

Post by Anthony Hi » Tue, 27 May 1997 04:00:00

<posted and mailed>

Quote:>Help me.. I just bought an X2 56k modem from a friend but he didnt have the
>drivers for it... I need the X2 drivers somebody... If you have it can you
>please post it to this group but preferably can you e-mail it to :

        Assuming that this modem is based on the TI chipset (it
probably is), then the USR Win95 .INF files will work just fine.
Actually, you don't even need these .INF files (which are hardly
drivers) to get the modem to work, you just need them to prevent Win95
from messing things up but misinterupting result codes.  Anyway, USR's
X2 .INF files for their Sportster should be availible on their web
site.   <http://www.usr.com>

Anthony Hill         | Favorite hobby: breaking Windows

Post by WarpKa » Wed, 04 Jun 1997 04:00:00

><posted and mailed>

>>Help me.. I just bought an X2 56k modem from a friend but he didnt have the
>>drivers for it... I need the X2 drivers somebody... If you have it can you
>>please post it to this group but preferably can you e-mail it to :

>    Assuming that this modem is based on the TI chipset (it
>probably is), then the USR Win95 .INF files will work just fine.
>Actually, you don't even need these .INF files (which are hardly
>drivers) to get the modem to work, you just need them to prevent Win95
>from messing things up but misinterupting result codes.  Anyway, USR's
>X2 .INF files for their Sportster should be availible on their web
>site.   <http://www.usr.com>

The USR x2 INF file will not work on the NewCom x2 product.

Regards,
Armando "WarpKat" Ortiz
A list of domains that I have banned can be seen at
http://www.vcnet.com/aortiz as well as other neat little
goodies including my PGP v2.6.2 public key block.

1. HELP with USR Sportster x2 (56k) modem - PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!

HI

My name is Etienne Terblanche

I have a:
Robotics x2 (56K) Sportster Voice/Fax modem(External).
I have a problem
I log on to the internet through my server, surf round, start to download
files etc. and then my connection just stops and I get disconnected. It is
really irritating when this happens when my download is 90% complete! I
sometime have difficulty connecting and have to try a few times.
I really need your help! What can be wrong? What can I do?
I've got a Pentuim 100, 48MB Ram, Win95 4.??B, 1,2Gig HD,Ess1868 Sound card,
Sis 6205 Shared 2MB Color Card, and the USR 56K voice/fax modem(External),
Quicklink Message Center and Internet Explorer 4.0.
The modem is connected to com1, mouse to com2 and Dotmatrix printer to LPT1.
The cable from my telephone to my modem is +- 35m long and I connect to a
local ISP (Telkom I think) in Beaufort West.
Please write back to me as soon as possible!!!! - I need the NET!!!
Thanx
Etienne Terblanche

2. rcs hassles...

3. Help Help Help Help Help !!!!!!!!

4. I can't include another XSL file!

5. VPN --- HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP

6. FS: Acropolis, 24GB, 12 tape DAT autoloader, SCSI, $1250

7. Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!

8. need references for hybrid connectionist/symbolic systems

9. HELP HELP HELP HELP

10. HELP HELP HELP HELP PLEASE

11. Need Help with Newcom 56K Modem!!

12. HELP HELP HELP: DISABLING AT COMMAND ON MODEM PORTS

13. HELP HELP HELP !!! Trouble with Aspen 28.8 Modem