Disconnect a call if idle for more than xx minutes greyed out

Disconnect a call if idle for more than xx minutes greyed out

Post by William F. LaMarti » Thu, 27 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Do Win modems support the feature "Disconnect a call if idle for more than
xx minutes"?

In the modem setting of a computer today I noted that the check box for this
was grayed out on a win 98 SE machine.  The machine has a Win modem.  The
machine I am using at the moment has the selection available, and it has a
regular modem.  I haven't had time to check several other machines to see if
they have the option available.

Disconnect a call if idle for more than xx minutes greyed out

Post by Hooda Ges » Thu, 27 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Quote:>Do Win modems support the feature "Disconnect a call if idle for more than
>xx minutes"?

>In the modem setting of a computer today I noted that the check box for
this
>was grayed out on a win 98 SE machine.  The machine has a Win modem.  The
>machine I am using at the moment has the selection available, and it has a
>regular modem.  I haven't had time to check several other machines to see
if
>they have the option available.

I have a USR Winmodem and the only thing greyed out is the minutes area
because I have unchecked the option. If I check the option I can change the
minutes.

Not sure what is happening with your machine.

Hooda