Problem with automatic login.

Post by hb » Thu, 21 Sep 1995 04:00:00

>Would appreciate help on following problem.
>But when trying to access the Internet via Winsock 2.0 my modem
>cannot gain access to the service provider modem. After a
>while I get the message NO CARRIER. It seems to me like a problem of
>handshaking and probably the fault is within win.ini or system.ini.

Unlikely to be in those files, unless there is a comm port setup problem
in sys.ini.  Check this WEB site...
            http://WWW.AIMNET.COM/~jnavas/modem/faq.html

Also look over Winsock settings, under FILE/SETUP.  Try a baud rate of 38.4
for a 14.4 modem; 57.6 for a 28.8. Turn hardware handshake and VJ comp. ON.

For a modem initialization string, specify ATZ in Winsock's LOGIN.CMD,
found under DIALLER/EDIT SCRIPTS (or simply edit with NOTEPAD).
The line should read as follows:  $modemsetup = "z"
      (Do not type "AT" before the "Z" and DO use the quotes.)

An alternative, use the modem reset command AT&F (or AT&F1 or AT&F2). Check
modem documentation.  Example:  $modemsetup = "&f"

If still no go, ask your provider why you cannot connect to your IP account.

--
 Offered in good faith. No expertise claimed. No guarantees. No refunds.

1. Automatic NT login from netware client login

Is there any way to pass the Netware login name and password to the Nt
username and password wihtout having the user type everything twice?  I have
found a document oin the Netware Knowledge base that this is and enhancement
request from a year ago.

2. Linking 2 computers, 1 with broadband

3. Problem w/ Trumpet's Automatic Login

4. An Open Letter to Steve Jobs

5. TACACS+ & automatic access to privileged exec 15 upon login

6. Netnews down again

7. Automatic Login Prompt on Dial in lines

8. VIM script questions

9. automatic login

10. Automatic Novell Login Question

11. Automatic login Win95