PCMCIA card - modem or pci card in device manager?

PCMCIA card - modem or pci card in device manager?

Post by yeahrig » Sat, 04 Apr 1998 04:00:00

I'm having trouble getting a pcmcia modem to install properly.

Should it show as a pci card or a modem in device manager?

Should it be installed as a pci card or a modem?

it is a rockwell based card with no win95 drivers....

steve

PCMCIA card - modem or pci card in device manager?

Post by ThinkPad.. » Sat, 04 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Quote:

>I'm having trouble getting a pcmcia modem to install properly.

>Should it show as a pci card

No.

Quote:>or a modem in device manager?

Yes.

Quote:>Should it be installed as a pci card

No.

Quote:> or a modem?

Yes.

Quote:

>it is a rockwell based card with no win95 drivers....

>steve

Okay. If you're using Win 95, before you can install this modem
properly, you must go into Control Panel, select "System," Click
On "Device Manager," and make SURE that "pcmcia Socket"
services are ENABLED. If they are not, you won't be able to
install this modem. If these services are NOT installed, please
check a Windows reference manual for instructions.

Second, without knowing the make and model of your laptop, I don't
know if your machine comes with SystemSoft/CardSoft utility programs
that often (not always) enable one to install pcmcia cards without too
much hassle.

Assuming you don't have CardSoft utilties, you may still be able to
install your modem (provided the above Socket services are
working properly,) by again going into Control Panel, and clicking on
"Add New Hardware." Click on "Modems" under the device list provided.

Do NOT allow Windows to find your modem automatically. It often
cannot. Just tell Windows that you are using a (generic) Hayes
compatible modem. This may very well work, provided your modem is
actually compatible with your laptop.

Hope this helps.

1. PCI PC-Card Drive supports all PCMCIA and CardBus cards like Modem, LAN, ISDN etc.

The new PCI PC-Card Drive P111 supports all PCMCIA and CardBus
cards like Modems, LANs, ISDN etc.

The patent pending interrupt handler supports all PCMCIA
interrupts without using a second ISA board.

Technical information available under

http://www.inesinc.com/pcmdrive.htm

Best regards,

Friedel Hacker

Up to 100 minutes free!
http://www.keen.com

2. where can i get a mono panel for an indy?

3. Can you use a PCMCIA PC Card Network card in a Desktop PCI Slot?

4. Vartos CD-Rom

5. PCI PC-Card Drive supports all Wireless LAN PCMCIA cards.

6. QPR - Tab colour problem

7. Bad ethernet onboard card/1 good PCI card/Cable Modem/

8. Epson Perfection 1260

9. My PCMCIA Modem is always recognized as Standard PCMCIA Card Modem

10. FS: Modems and Network Cards (PCI/PCMCIA)

11. Cisco 1750 Router Cisco QoS Device Manager Cisco VPN Device Manager

12. Looking for Soundcards/DSP Cards - PC Card/PCMCIA

13. ISDN card compression - hardware ir software and Diva PCI ISDN Card.