U.S.Robotics ( 3com ) - Problem with manual dialing fax communication

U.S.Robotics ( 3com ) - Problem with manual dialing fax communication

Post by Jaric Bori » Thu, 18 Jul 2002 04:45:54

When my Fax program automatically dial another fax machine , fax session is
successful .
Problem is with manual sending fax ( manual dialing ) from that program .
There is no
succesful connection . I tried another fax programs and result is equal .
I use Windows NT4 operating system .

U.S.Robotics ( 3com ) - Problem with manual dialing fax communication

Post by Hooda Ges » Thu, 18 Jul 2002 22:33:51

Quote:> When my Fax program automatically dial another fax machine , fax session
is
> successful .
> Problem is with manual sending fax ( manual dialing ) from that program .
> There is no
> succesful connection . I tried another fax programs and result is equal .
> I use Windows NT4 operating system .

It's not exactly clear what you are trying to do but it sounds like either:

1. improper dialing of the number (no fax at far end)
2. incorrect configuration of fax/modem.

Since the fax program has no trouble, it suggests that the modem is not in
fax mode when calling a fax machine manually.

--
Hooda Gest
"The reverse side also has a reverse side."

1. US Robotics 14.4K external fax modem - FAX problems

BYTE magazine had a very good review of low end modems a few months ago.
According to it, the USRobotics 14400 FAX and the Practical Peripherals
14400 FAX were nearly identical in every way, except that the PP was
Class 2. The only other difference was what software came with them.

As far as how important it is, that depends on what you're going to do
with it. And, as time goes by, less software will continue to
support Class 1.

Thanks,

Mike Morris
===================================    =====================

2. 2501 and basic IP software

3. 3COM US Robotics 56k(V.90)fax modem ?

4. apply filter to calender view ?

5. Any Fax Software support manual dialing???

6. HELP!!!!

7. 3Com external 56K U.S.Robotics Data/Fax/Voice PRO modem

8. mirroring

9. 3Com US Robotics voice fax modem pro

10. US Robotics 56K win fax int(3CP265699A) calling card dialing

11. Manual dial for dial-up connection won't work?

12. US Robotics/3Com 56K ISA Modem speed problem

13. Problems connecting to my ISP with the 3Com US Robotics 56K Voice Faxmodem.