Using two modems on two lines on the same computer

Using two modems on two lines on the same computer

Post by Gilles Renar » Sat, 07 Dec 1996 04:00:00

Is this possible? How?

I'm planning to use a Voice modem with caller -ID and distinctive
ringing (from USR, probably) to answer my business line and supply voice
information to numerous callers. In addition I would still need to work
on the Net, using my private line, my current modem, and the same
computer.

Is this feasible under WIN95? Or should I only consider buying a
dedicated machine?

Using two modems on two lines on the same computer

Post by John Nav » Mon, 09 Dec 1996 04:00:00

[POSTED TO comp.dcom.modems]

>Is this possible? How?

>I'm planning to use a Voice modem with caller -ID and distinctive
>ringing (from USR, probably) to answer my business line and supply voice
>information to numerous callers. In addition I would still need to work
>on the Net, using my private line, my current modem, and the same
>computer.

>Is this feasible under WIN95? Or should I only consider buying a
>dedicated machine?

It is feasible.  I do it all the time.  Just install two modems on different
COM ports that do not conflict.  (Watch out for conflicts between COM1 and
COM3, as well as COM2 and COM4.)

--
Best regards,

      28800 Modem FAQ:  http://www.aimnet.com/~jnavas/modem/faq.html