Bestdata, out of business?

Post by Stephen Qu » Wed, 24 Sep 1997 04:00:00

        Has anyone been able to get any service from Bestdata?

        My Bestdata 28.8 modem, 2834F, was working great and then began
to hang.  I went to their website and followed their procedure for requesting
service and have recieved no response after 3 weeks and 1 email each week.

        Are they just too backlogged with service requests or
        are they out of business?

        - steve

Bestdata, out of business?

Post by Jeff Peter » Thu, 25 Sep 1997 04:00:00

<HTML>
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Has anyone
been able to get any service from Bestdata?
<BR>&nbsp;</BLOCKQUOTE>
I had been sending them E-mail for weeks with no response. I received better
(abeit poor) service by pestering them with a phone call a day. The phone
bill adds up but I finally got results.
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE>

<P>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Are they just too backlogged
with service requests or
<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; are they out of business?
<BR>&nbsp;</BLOCKQUOTE>
An employee eventually told me that they are short staffed and even recently
fired a few incompetents.&nbsp; Keep trying and don't settle for voice-mail
and E-mail messages. It took me four weeks to get a replacement 56K modem
that had the bad 47A data pump chip.&nbsp;&nbsp; Good luck.
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE>

<P>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; - steve

&nbsp;&nbsp; Jeff Peters</HTML>

1. Business-to-Business recomendations

We are looking at connecting our company to multiple partner businesses over
the course of this next year.  At this point a proposed solution for this
Business-to-Business strategy is a FT1 running frame relay.   We would
increase the bandwidth at the central site as the number of remote partner
business connections increase.

Questions.

1. What would be the best way to implement security on this?  Should I have
the Ethernet connection on the router connect to the DMZ and configure the
PIX Firewall to allow access to the internal network?  Or is there a way to
configure enough security on the router to allow it direct access to the
company network without opening up security holes.  Are access lists alone
enough to do the job?

Thanks,

Paul

2. Entity listing utility?

3. Sprint Service: Business / Non-Business

4. Telecom Update (Canada) #264, January 2, 2001

5. Saturday business with the Business Office

6. SLM804 laser printer cable and driver

7. Book Review: "The Internet Business to Business Directory"

8. A fatal exception... in VXD SYMEvent...?

9. Business Plan for Business Telephone Systems

10. DSL Business to Business

11. bestdata 56k internal

12. Question on BestData 56k modem

13. Bestdata USB Modem Freezes