US Robotics 33.6 Sportster External Modem

US Robotics 33.6 Sportster External Modem

Post by ter » Sun, 21 Mar 1999 04:00:00

This modem was installed but it will not respond when try to
connect.PLEASE HELP!
Surf Usenet at home, on the road, and by email -- always at Talkway.

US Robotics 33.6 Sportster External Modem

Post by Hooda Ges » Sun, 21 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Quote:> This modem was installed but it will not respond when try to
> connect.PLEASE HELP!

Please provide more details...

What exactly do you mean by "will not respond"?

What OS are you using?

What are you using to "try to connect" ?

Have you tried opening a connection to the com port being used via  terminal
program and seeing if the modem responds to commands?

Hooda

1. US Robotics Sportster Voice external 33.6 faxmodem bps problem

I am new to this stuff so please bear with me.  I have just purchased a
US Robotics Sportster Voice external 33.6 faxmodem.  I bought it because
my Infotel modem went bad and PCMag gave the USR modem a good rating.
After I installed the US Robotics my port and connect BPS went down to
28800 or less on Netscape and AOL.

At least with the Infortel, according to Netscape, I had a port and
connect BPS of 115200 and a connect of 57600 on AOL.  I think I made
some changes in some .ini files.  Unfortunately I have CRS (Can't
Remember S**t) so I don't remember how I did it.

I have W3.1 and W95.  How can I boost my bps back to 115200?  I am poor
but poverty-stricken so buying any new expensive ($100+) hardware to
solve the problem is not in the cards right now.

I would appreciate any help you could give.

Thank you all,

Doug Russell

2. Listbox manipulation

3. HELP US Robotics External 33.6 faxmodem

4. Help w/ FP Discuss Web Form Handler

5. US Robotics External 28.8/33.6

6. Converting Data

7. FS: Internal and external ISDN/33.6 US Robotics

8. .pdb reader for desktop PC or converter

9. FS: US Robotics 56k v.90/x2 Sportster External Modem

10. US Robotics Sportster WinModem 33.6 V.90 Upgrade

11. U.S. Robotics 33.6 Sportster Winmodem

12. How can I get hold of the software to support the US Robotics Sportster 33.6