new motherboard...internal modem problem

Post by henk jaspe » Mon, 02 Nov 1998 04:00:00

> I've just installed a new motherboard, but I can't get my Zoom V.90
> internal modem to work.

// snip //
Did you disable COM2 in the BIOS setup?
If not and if your internal modem is set to COM2 you will need to disable
COM2 in the BIOS.

--
Henk Jaspers

new motherboard...internal modem problem

Post by henk jaspe » Mon, 02 Nov 1998 04:00:00

> I've just installed a new motherboard, but I can't get my Zoom V.90
> internal modem to work.

// snip //
Did you disable COM2 in the BIOS setup?
If not and if your internal modem is set to COM2 you will need to disable
COM2 in the BIOS.

--
Henk Jaspers

new motherboard...internal modem problem

Post by Richard To » Mon, 02 Nov 1998 04:00:00

 ar> I've just installed a new motherboard, but I can't get my Zoom V.90
 ar> internal modem to work. The modem seems to install ok when I boot-up
 ar> W95, but when I goto control panel/modems/diagnostics, I get an error
 ar> message telling me my modem isn't plugged-in, or I have an IRQ
 ar> conflict. According to the device manager, there is no IRQ conflict! My
 ar> sound card installed with no problems, so I'm wondering why I'm having
 ar> problems with he modem?
 ar> Any insight/info would be greatly appreciated.

What model?  Does it work from DOS?  ie  did you install DOS and run from
a vanilla (non-Win95) DOS prompt?  Any old DOS terminal program will do for
this test to call to a local BBS and do a download.

Even if you havn't a DOS comms program, from DOS what does MSD show?
What comport, what IRQ is your modem on?  Can you send commands to it?
ie from the DOS prompt type ECHO ATA >COMn   where n is your comport #

rgdZ
Richard

   +=======================================+
   |    PackLink / Zoom Modem Support      |
   |      BBS & Fax +44(0)1812972486       |
   |      FidoNet 2:254/235  V34Plus       |

   +=======================================+

... So good that even the Japanese buy 'em
--

1. Internal Modem Doesn't Like New Motherboard

I'm still having a problem with a 28.8K PPI modem working with my new
Micronics P100 motherboard.  I posted a note on this earlier, but
since then, I've tried it on both COM2 and COM3, and I have the same
result.  Once I'm connected, the modem works fine, but every time I fire
up Trumpet Winsock after a reboot, Trumpet (and presumably the modem)
thinks it's already connected, and won't auto login.  This board and
software had been working for months without a hitch until the upgrade.

I've exchanged email with PPI support, and they didn't have any
suggestions other than keeping the board away from the power supply
and the video card (which it is).  I'm going to play games with
shielding and possibly additional supply filtering over the weekend.

Does anyone else out there have any experience with this sort of
problem?  Any suggestions (other than buying an external modem) would be
appreciated.

Thanks!

Doug White

2. Q: getting $,...,$ right?

3. Wake on Ring (Internal Modem) - to Connect to Motherboard

4. Letter from SAS

5. Problems with 16550 Uart in new VLB motherboard..

6. Simulink and Serial Communication

7. Modem needs new motherboard?

8. Modem Delays

9. Old modem, new motherboard, doesn't work

10. Modem slows down after replaced a new motherboard.

11. Motherboard & Modem Problem

12. 33.6 Internal Modems NEW Fax/modem $95.00