Disconnected signal

Post by Garrett Case » Thu, 30 May 1996 04:00:00

Does anyone know of any hardware or software that can detect the
telephone disconnnected signal. I know that the modems can detect the
busy signal, but what about the disconnected tone.

Any help is greatly appreciated..

KC

Disconnected signal

Post by Jeffrey G. Back » Thu, 30 May 1996 04:00:00

> Does anyone know of any hardware or software that can detect the
> telephone disconnnected signal. I know that the modems can detect the
> busy signal, but what about the disconnected tone.

> Any help is greatly appreciated..

> KC

It's my understanding that it is not a tone, but a line reversal.  In
modems we call the feature WINK.  If Dan Moore is listening, I'm sure he
can give us the real story!

Jeff

1. Open Loop Interval Questions (ie disconnect signal)

Greetings!

I got a loop start line that isn't sending me an open loop interval.
        ( I think )

Now my question(s) are --

Is the LEC (SBC in this case) required to send an open loop interval
on disconnect?

Are they typically 60-70ms in length?

Is the open loop sent on tip or ring or both?

How can I use my multimeter to check if they are sending me an open
loop?  I think its that hore shoe looking thing but Im not sure?

And how much to do you have to twist the arm of the LEC tech to fix
it?

Thank you all!
Ben Hackney

2. re-installing oracle?

3. Disconnects, Disconnects, Disconnects!!!!!!!!!!!! WHY?

4. Active Sync Error on Tasks

5. 5200 Mica modems problem: users get disconnected intermittently and busy signal GOT A LEAD!!!!

6. Anomaly Plots

7. Fast disconnect on busy signal

8. Installed cable modem --now need pw?

9. Signal 15 disconnects pppd on FreeBSD

10. Line Signalling R2 and DTMF for outgoing signaling Question,

11. Makeing ring and tip signal with voice signal

12. call-associated signaling and non-call associated signaling

13. Wireless router signal & TV signal interfere