Microcom Deskport Fast ES V.34 upgrade?

Post by Dean Rot » Tue, 18 Apr 1995 04:00:00

Has anyone received a V.34 upgrade for the ES?

Dean

Post by Stavros Siops » Wed, 19 Apr 1995 04:00:00

: Has anyone received a V.34 upgrade for the ES?

: Dean

I haven't. Last time I called them they said that they will ship it to me
next june.

Stavros

Post by Richard H. Schwar » Thu, 20 Apr 1995 04:00:00

>: Has anyone received a V.34 upgrade for the ES?
>: Dean
>I haven't. Last time I called them they said that they will ship it to me
>next june.

June?  That's ridiculous :-( Even if they really mean this June, not
next.  Microcom -- what the hell is going on?  I bought my ES in the
belief that a respected company would be the best bet for having a
V.34 upgrade would be available soon after the standard became
official.  You are way, way behind, and losing face with your
customers.  I'm not aware of any other well-known maker of low-end
V.FC modems who has taken so long to bring out a V.34 upgrade.  Yes,
it is a low-end model, but that doesn't justify lower than low-end
service.

Disappointedly,
        -rich

--
======================== Ask Me About Lotus Notes(TM)! ======================
| GroupAware:RHS Consulting  |  Richard Schwartz, LCNS, Managing Consultant |

| Nashua, NH  03062          |  Notes Domain: RHS Consulting                |
| (603) 889-4556             |            on: Notes Net, CSERVE & Worldcom  |
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Post by Owen Jon » Thu, 20 Apr 1995 04:00:00

>June?  That's ridiculous :-( Even if they really mean this June, not
>next.  Microcom -- what the hell is going on?  I bought my ES in the
>belief that a respected company would be the best bet for having a
>V.34 upgrade would be available soon after the standard became
>official.  You are way, way behind, and losing face with your
>customers.  I'm not aware of any other well-known maker of low-end
>V.FC modems who has taken so long to bring out a V.34 upgrade.  Yes,
>it is a low-end model, but that doesn't justify lower than low-end
>service.

>Disappointedly,
>        -rich

I totally agree with you Rich.  I too bought an ES model on the promise
that it would be upgraded on a timely fashion.  The Microcom 28.8 modems
were some of the first to hit the market.  State of the art.  They beat
alot of manufacturers to the punch, so to speak.  I never dreamed in my
wildest of dreams, that I would still be waiting MONTHS after all the
other manufacturers have gotten their v.34 modems out the door, for an
upgrade from Microcom.  I feel this is just an example of a company
taking advantage of of being first to the market to make a quick buck and
then sitting back on their butts.  PATHETIC!

Owen

Microcom Deskport Fast ES V.34 upgrade?

Post by Patrick Linstru » Sat, 22 Apr 1995 04:00:00

: >

[...]

I talked with Microcom last week and they said they were shipping the
V.34 upgrades.  I have not ordered mine yet.

I would call back and speak with someone again.

--

Quantum Networking Solutions, Inc
(805) 538-2028

Local Access Numbers - Log in as "guest":
Palmdale, CA     (805) 538-2030
Woodbridge, VA   (703) 878-4358
Alexandria, VA   (703) 799-6523

1. Microcom Fast ES 28.8K upgrade to V.34

I had downloaded a file named "DF14.ZIP" from one of the local BBS in
Singapore. This "DF14.ZIP", according to the description, is the hex file
containing the V.34 upgrade firmware for the Microcom Fast ES 28.8K
modem. Had anyone tried upgrading the Deskporte modem by burning in the
new firmware ? And can I get support from Microcom regarding the
upgrading to V.34 ? What is the Internet site name ? Moreover, I like to
know more about the technical specifications of the V.34 standard. Where
can I obtain the specs ? Please advise.

2. Windows 2000 Hangs on restart

3. Who has received his/her V.34 upgrade for Microcom Deskporte FAST ES?

4. multiple displays

5. Microcom 28.8 FAST ES v.fc ---> v.34

6. Maximum size for an array ?

7. Microcom DeskPorte Fast ES 28.8 V.34+

8. A call for Tandy 100 languages

9. V.34 upgrade for Microcom ES v.fc

10. microcom deskport fast 28.8 (lcd) upgrade?

11. Microcom Deskport ES 28.8

12. Microcom Deskporte FAST ES 28.8 Upgrade Kit in Singapore

13. upgrade microcom ES FAST???