Auto Answer problem with Zoom/PCMCIA V.34

Auto Answer problem with Zoom/PCMCIA V.34

Post by Dan Greening » Sat, 06 Jan 1996 04:00:00

When calling this modem while it is in auto-answer mode the modem silently
answers the phone.  I can hear the negotiation tones through the speaker
of the notebook computer that the modem is installed in.  Of course the
negotiation fails and the modems hang up.  This modem seems to function correctly
when it initiates the call.

CLUES:
1.  Modem is a Zoom/PCMCIA V.34 installed in an IBM thinkpad 720C notebook
    computer with the included drivers installed.  It is connected to COM 3
    and everything installed smoothly.

2.  Installed the Cellular upgrade kit for the Motorola flip phone.  This
    involved re-programming the flash ROM with a 309K file.

3.  ATi3 = V1.309-V34_LP-e Z201

4.  Modem init string = AT&F&C1&D2

5.  Enable auto answer with ATS0=1.

After 4 faxes, about 10 emails and 124 busy signals the only response that I
have received from Zoom technical support is an email saying "I don't quite
understand your question, please rephrase."

Is this problem limited to the PCMCIA card or have others seen the same problem?

Thanks!

1. Sportster V.34 & Winfax Pro 4.0 - modem will not auto answer

I have just installed a new 33.6 sportster internal. It will not
automatically answer fax calls. It will answer when told to manually pick up
but I'm not always available to do so. It sends faxes ok and receives them ok
with manual intervention. Winfax worked properly with previous 14.4
practical peripherals modem but not with new USR. Anyone run into this and
have solution?

Dave Clark

2. Epson color 760

3. Looking for cheap V.34 for auto-answer (termserver)

4. URGENT-Please! Form problem! Some idea...

5. Request Help: CommWave V.34 Modem Auto-Answering after Installing Office97 & Plus!

6. Excel Filter Data Help required

7. zoom 28.8 modems will not auto answer properly

8. Named Pipe questions

9. Zoom 2400 s/rfax wont auto answer modem mode

10. Help with Cardinal and Zoom auto-answer...

11. Zoom, V25.bis and auto-answer with IBM mainframe

12. Zoom 28.8 v.34 vs. Supra 28.8 v.34 - which is better?

13. Zoom 24.0 > Zoom v.34