Int 3com/usr 56k modem connects once before computer reboot to reconnect

Int 3com/usr 56k modem connects once before computer reboot to reconnect

Post by richrat » Tue, 27 Feb 2001 04:59:32

I have a 3Com windows internal PCI 56K modem.  I can dual-boot b/w windows
98 and W2K  My modem works fine under Win98, but doesn't under W2K.

Under W2K, I can connect fine for the first time I connect.  If I disconnect
from my ISP and try to reconnect, the connection stalls out at the user
verification stage.  Nothing else happens and no complete connection.  I
have to reboot my computer in order to connect again.

I am using the newest W2K drivers for my modem from USrobotics.

I don't have any IRQ conflicts and there is nothing wrong with my modem, as
it works fine under Win98.

What do I need to do to get this to work right, without having to purchase a
modem that W2K likes?

Int 3com/usr 56k modem connects once before computer reboot to reconnect

Post by Hooda Ges » Tue, 27 Feb 2001 22:19:20

Quote:> I have a 3Com windows internal PCI 56K modem.  I can dual-boot b/w windows
> 98 and W2K  My modem works fine under Win98, but doesn't under W2K.

What is the model number of your Winmodem? Is it 5699 or 3CP5699A? The only
W2K drivers I could find for a PCI Winmodem was the 3CP5699A and that is not
to be used on the straight 5699.
Presumably, the 5699 can use the drivers that came with W2K or USR does not
have any new drivers for that model yet.

Hooda

1. USR 56K Winmodem in another computer doesn't connect at 56K

I got this WinModem when it was still 28.8.  I upgraded to X2 for over $50,
not sure exactly how much. When V.90 came along, I upgraded to this for
free. This modem always connected at 48K+  on my computer. Now I put it in
another computer and use the V.90 drivers and the modem will not connect at
anything above about 31K. This is on the same exact phone line that got 48+
in my apartment, so I know it isn't the phone line. Both computers are
comparable and working fine.  I even re-installed some old X2 drivers and
used the Modem Update wizard to find better drivers. USR said the modem
already had the highest upgrade.

So what am I doing wrong? I want to sell this modem to my sister but she
doesn't want to buy a 33.6 modem! I paid damn good money to upgrade this to
56K. Why is USR continuing to be so hide and seek with driver upgrades? They
won't let me download the V.90 drivers, I have to use the stupid modem
update wizard.

Mike

2. need ideas for your website?

3. Help with 3COM USR 56k FAX INT PnP

4. IMAP to MSN?

5. USR 56K INT V WON'T CONNECT

6. Can't create new web project

7. USR 56K INT only connects at 28.8

8. Looking for specs for ES-COM scanner

9. 3com USR 56k message modem it's a MODEM or a modem?

10. Which to buy, Hayes Accura 56K int. or ZOOM 56k int.?????????

11. What to buy, Hayes Accura 56K int. or ZOOM 56k int.?????????

12. cisco 2511 reboot once the dial-up user connected

13. Can only connect to internet provider once per reboot