Radio Communication Decoding

Post by Mr. C.D. Smi » Tue, 03 Mar 1992 21:03:57

Help !
     I am trying to get some information on the various data transmition formats
in use in communication today as I am planning to build a decoder for my third
year project.

     I have details of RTTY transmisions, but require details on the following
formats:

      AMTOR, SITOR, Packet, WEFAX and any other fax/data protocol in use for radio
transmissions.

      Tone frequencies, data protocols, baud rates and transmission frequencies
which play host to these transmissions would also be most helpfull.

Thanking you in advance...

Chris.
  +====================================================================+
  |Name : Mr Chris Smith       |                                       |

  |Uni  : Liverpool University |Quest: To build more and more hardware |
  |Dgree: Computer Science     |                                       |
  +====================================================================+

1. modem communications by cellular phone / ham radio

We use PC's to control remote instruments (typically 1500 miles away),
then download the data via modem and cellular phone.  We seem to have
trouble getting more than 90 cps, though we have been told the cellular
phones should support a higher rate.  Does anyone out there have any
"tricks" to improve cellular phone connections?

Also, is there a good general reference for using HAM radio to send
data?  I've been told that the data rate has recently gone up to about
9600 bps.  Any experiences?

(I get on this newsgroup about once a month, so e-mail is MUCH
preferred).

2. Project 2002 Release - Newsweek Article

3. QUESTIONS ON ANALOGUE RADIO AND DIGITAL COMMUNICATION TECHNICS

4. FS_Sun Peripherals

5. WTB: RADIO COMMUNICATION TEST EQUIPMENT.

6. To Clovis

7. Digital Communication Over Radio

8. Borland's List Template Classes

9. Radio Modem For WAN and Serial Port Communication

10. Amateur Radio Communications With Cuba

11. Amateur radio as backup communication [telecom]

12. Radio Modem For WAN and Serial Port Communication

13. Radio Shack CLID Box (was: Radio Shack DID Box)