diff. between V.FAST & V.34?

Post by Masato Oga » Sat, 20 Aug 1994 12:16:16

  Could you tell me what problem will possiblly occur when connecting
with V.FAST modem (e.g. Supra ) and comming V.34. I mean what the
difference is between them...
Masato Ogawa                                    Sony corp.

diff. between V.FAST & V.34?

Post by ssatchell on B » Sat, 20 Aug 1994 23:48:22

>  Could you tell me what problem will possiblly occur when connecting
>with V.FAST modem (e.g. Supra ) and comming V.34. I mean what the
>difference is between them...

Sure, be happy to.  The modems will connect at the lowest common
modulation method, most likely V.32 bis.  That assumes that we aren't
talking the USRobotics V.everything modem or the yet-to-be-released
Rockwell V.34/V.FC hybrid.  The USRobotics modem incorporates both
V.34 and V.FC, so when the USR and an older V.FC-only modem talk,
they talk V.FC.

Rockwell designed V.FC so that modems with V.FC could interoperate
with V.34 modems, with V.FC modems, with V.32 bis modems, with V.32 modems,
and so forth.  Indeed, according to the product manager the original
game plan was for Rockwell to allow their customers to provide V.FC
only, V.34 only, or a combined V.FC/V.34 modem.  The handshake sequence
was designed to be different enough from V.34 handshake sequence that
a combined V.FC/V.34 wouldn't drive the V.34-only modem crazy.

FWIW.
--

1. Microcom Deskporte Fast V.34 & PPI V.34

I have a Microcom Deskporte Fast V.34 modem and am having a difficult
time maintaining a connection to the PPI V.34 modems my internet provider
uses.  Has anyone else had similar problems and know of any potential
fixes?

2. MFC extension DLL problem

3. diff. between V.FAST & V.

4. FR and priority-queueing

5. && MODEMS, MODEMS, MODEMS HIGH SPEED LOW COST V.34 **&&&

6. C Compiler

7. V.34, V.FAST, & V.FC

8. Mirrors in Realtime 3D-Environments

9. V.FAST (V.34?) & EIA-530

10. Queries on v.32terbo, v.fast & v.34

11. Microcom DeskPorte FAST v.34 --&-- Poor Lines

12. Microcom D'porte Fast V.34 & Trumpet

13. Microcomm V.34 & V.Fast Info???