Request Help: CommWave V.34 Modem Auto-Answering after Installing Office97 & Plus!

Request Help: CommWave V.34 Modem Auto-Answering after Installing Office97 & Plus!

Post by jpm » Wed, 16 Apr 1997 04:00:00

Request advise/assistance.

My CommWave V.34 internal modem worked flawlessly for more than a year
on my system.  I have a "no-name, I built it" P-133, 32 MB RAM, Triton
motherboard (16550 Fast UART compatible serial ports).

I've been running Win95 v 4.00.950a with Service Pack 1 and Messaging
Update 1 installed.

Last week I installed MS PLUS! and MS Office97 (trial-ware -  Kinko's).
Now everytime I receive an incoming phone call my modem answers.

In the Control Panel (Mail & Fax) I have enabled "Work off-line and use
Remote Mail".  This did not fix the problem.

Is there anything in PLUS! or Office97 or ???? that I can adjust to stop
my modem from auto-answering?

Anyone run into this problem before?

Any assistance will be much appreciated.

jpm
(Remove NO-SPAM. from address to reply.)

1. Sportster V.34 & Winfax Pro 4.0 - modem will not auto answer

I have just installed a new 33.6 sportster internal. It will not
automatically answer fax calls. It will answer when told to manually pick up
but I'm not always available to do so. It sends faxes ok and receives them ok
with manual intervention. Winfax worked properly with previous 14.4
practical peripherals modem but not with new USR. Anyone run into this and
have solution?

Dave Clark

2. HELP boot a MicroVax

3. && MODEMS, MODEMS, MODEMS HIGH SPEED LOW COST V.34 **&&&

4. VMS, C++ and flush

5. Looking for cheap V.34 for auto-answer (termserver)

6. PVM-converter to INTEL NX to be used on Paragon

7. Auto Answer problem with Zoom/PCMCIA V.34

8. Speed correction

9. Fax-Modems: auto-answering

10. Intel Modem Auto-Answering w/ Sun IPC

11. CommWave V.34 w/win95

12. Use a auto-answer modem and answering machine on one line?