Do USR v.90 internal modems have wake-on-ring?

Do USR v.90 internal modems have wake-on-ring?

Post by Craigin » Sat, 22 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Can USR v.90 internal modems wake up the PC when the phone link rings
(given the PC can do that)?

Craig

1. PCI hardware modem & wake-on-lan/wake-on-ring swap

I am thinking of getting an internal PCI modem.  Seeing that I also
want it to run on Linux, it has to be a hardware modem (ie. non
WinModem).  I also want it to start the PC up, that is boot up.

1) Can anybody suggest such a modem (or a shortlist)?
2) I've noticed that my motherboard only has the wake-on-lan connector
and not the wake-on-ring.  Is it OK to connect the wake-on-ring
connector on the PCI modem to the wake-on-lan connector on the
motherboard?  Or is this 'dangerous'?

Thanks,
Gervase

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Windows 874 error what the!!!??!?!?

3. WOR (Wake-On-Ring) PCI modem - I'm trying to find one......

4. Followup: DMP-400 printer (info summary)

5. A Modem featuring Wake-On-Ring ?!

6. Troy Technologies And 70-100

7. Wake-on-Ring modem?

8. Can it be the NIC?

9. Wake on Ring (Internal Modem) - to Connect to Motherboard

10. Wake-up ring on internal modem

11. Which Modem is Better, Internal v.90 or External USR?

12. Connection problems with USR Sportster v.90 internal modem?

13. Anyone know AT commands for internal V.90 USR modem?