USR 2977 OEM

Post by p659 » Thu, 06 Feb 2003 13:05:02

I have downloaded the drivers for this modem from USR and am trying
without avail to install same.  Windows98 refuses to find the drivers.
USR site says to follow directions from modem instructions which I do
not have nor can I locate online. Has anyone ever sucessfully installed
this modem? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Don

USR 2977 OEM

Post by 0_Qe » Thu, 06 Feb 2003 22:10:26

> I have downloaded the drivers for this modem from USR and am trying
> without avail to install same.  Windows98 refuses to find the drivers.
> USR site says to follow directions from modem instructions which I do
> not have nor can I locate online. Has anyone ever sucessfully installed
> this modem? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
> Don

Art Jackson aughta show up in a minuite ... :-)

He helped me 'do' that ... =exactly=.
I've forgotten the details ... he has them on the "top of his head" ...
I dont.

Ed

USR 2977 OEM

Post by Bonnell Fro » Thu, 06 Feb 2003 23:18:33

Although I am not using that modem at the moment, I have it installed in
my machine.  The CDROM that the vendor supplied would not work (same as
you downloaded?).  However, when I took my machine into the vendor
to get the modem going, they found that the default driver (Windows 98 SE)
worked just fine.

Bonnell Frost

USR 2977 OEM

Post by Art Jackso » Fri, 07 Feb 2003 06:10:22

Quote:> I have downloaded the drivers for this modem from USR and am
> trying without avail to install same.  Windows98 refuses to find
> the drivers. USR site says to follow directions from modem
> instructions which I do not have nor can I locate online. Has
> anyone ever sucessfully installed this modem? Any help will be
> appreciated. Thanks in advance.

> Don

If you have downloaded the drivers from USR for your OEM 2977 at this
site http://www.usr.com/support/s-modem/s-modem-oem-downloads.asp
ftp://ftp.usr.com/oem/condor/2977/2977_100300.zip is the file you need.
As instructed at the download site, unzip the above file to a floppy
disk. Clean out your system of any previous attempts to install the
modem, remove it and any Other Unknown Devices from Device Manager.
Then reboot. Windows should first detect a Serial Communications Device
and look for drivers for it. You should then direct Windows to the
floppy by choosing the Have Disk option. Windows will find the PCI
driver files for that, then Windows should then detect the modem
itself. Again direct it to the floppy disk to find the modem driver/inf
files needed. That should complete the installation. Do the modem
diagnostics to confirm a good install. Good luck.

--
Art Jackson W4TOY Owensboro, KY USA
Life is God's open book test. In order to pass,

1. USR 2977 OEM -- Can I "re-flash" the V90 code?

Greetings,

I have a USR 662977 PCI which the USR page refers to as OEM.  I had a little
episode with lightning last summer, and the connect speeds fell from the
50kbps range to the 36Kbps range.  I swapped the USR with a Lucent from a
backup computer.  The USR was demoted to a backup role.  The Lucent modem
connects at 48K to 50K consistently, and the USR connected at 36K (V90)
until recently.  Now the USR connects at 16K to 19K (v34).  This is over the
same phone connection.  Is it possible the V90 code got scrambled?  Can I
re-flash it?

Any advice is appreciated.

LG Crawford

2. DJGPP v2 Beta

3. USR 56k PCI OEM 2977 - how to turn off auto-answer W2K ?

4. Interface PRI0 Correct Syntax

5. Ugh USR OEM 2977 modem - error 629 ?

6. Restricting Users Access to Compression

7. Problems?/Questions with 3Com 2977 OEM modem???

8. HELP !,Info on Panasonic CR-522-B drive needed

9. 3COM 2977 OEM is really a ?

10. Flashing USR 2977 to V.92?

11. 3com/USR v.90/56K Model 2977

12. USR 2977 and v92 upgrade?