Can anyone help me identify what model USRobotics modem I have?

Post by Hooda Ges » Fri, 18 Feb 2000 04:00:00

> I recently aquired a Voice Modem from a friend who couldn't
>get the damn thing to work on his computer.  He bought it new but
>after a month of trying became so frustrated with it that he gave up
>and bought a different one and gave it to me to try.  I'm at a loss as
>well.  It says 3Comm on the front.....but it says USRobitics model #
>0613 on the back.  Windows sees it, as "internal 56k voice modem WIN"
>I've tried going to USR website and searching the support files for
>model #0613 but get nothing and the only other number on the modem is
>on a big white sticker and a bar code.   That number (6000758) also
>turns up nothing when searched.  It is not a PCI modem either if that
>helps.  Anybody have a clue as to what this is and why it is so
>difficult to identify?   TIA

If you can access the modem in Hyperterminal and it will respond to
commands, query it with ati7. That should give you the Product ID code which
you can then take to the 3Com Support web site to find any possible updates
to the .INF and firmware.
I don't recognize either of those numbers you gave but that may be because
it is not a US model perhaps?

Hooda