Wake on Ring (Internal Modem) - to Connect to Motherboard

Wake on Ring (Internal Modem) - to Connect to Motherboard

Post by Kristian Murfit » Mon, 14 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Can anyone recommend a modem Brand and Model that has this connector.?

Thanks

Kristian

1. PCI hardware modem & wake-on-lan/wake-on-ring swap

I am thinking of getting an internal PCI modem.  Seeing that I also
want it to run on Linux, it has to be a hardware modem (ie. non
WinModem).  I also want it to start the PC up, that is boot up.

1) Can anybody suggest such a modem (or a shortlist)?
2) I've noticed that my motherboard only has the wake-on-lan connector
and not the wake-on-ring.  Is it OK to connect the wake-on-ring
connector on the PCI modem to the wake-on-lan connector on the
motherboard?  Or is this 'dangerous'?

Thanks,
Gervase

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. SPS Stopped Working Suddenly

3. Do USR v.90 internal modems have wake-on-ring?

4. start up controller

5. Wake-up ring on internal modem

6. ANN: Log Your Protest At iPAQ Upgrade Stance

7. Need a modem that supports Wake On Ring

8. unable to number references using natbib

9. new motherboard...internal modem problem

10. tp 340 "wake up" from suspend with ring from modem?

11. Modem w/ Wake on Ring feature

12. Internal Modem Doesn't Like New Motherboard

13. Wake on Ring PCI Modems anyone?