usr winmodem 33.6 model 01168000

Post by Eddie Cairn » Sat, 28 Apr 2001 06:44:36

I am trying to re intsal this UK spec winmodem, an ISA card. I cannot find
any installation drivers on the www.usr.co.uk.

The only drivers are on cnet and they are for a US version. This
installation is for win 95 950bb but it says ttaht this is the wrong version
of windows when trying to rub install. I'm installing on on that verion of
95.

Anyone an idea where I will get the original drivers from.

Eddie Cairns

usr winmodem 33.6 model 01168000

Post by Hooda Ges » Sat, 28 Apr 2001 22:27:50

Quote:> I am trying to re intsal this UK spec winmodem, an ISA card. I cannot find
> any installation drivers on the www.usr.co.uk.

> The only drivers are on cnet and they are for a US version. This
> installation is for win 95 950bb but it says ttaht this is the wrong
version
> of windows when trying to rub install. I'm installing on on that verion of
> 95.

> Anyone an idea where I will get the original drivers from.

> Eddie Cairns

ftp.usr.com/usr/dl09/winm336.exe

Full install files for all Sportster Winmodem models except 14.4K. This
version supports 33.6k connections. Uninstall previous Winmodem software
before installing this version. Now supports version 4.00.95 B. To extract,
double click on the file and it will expand to the default directory of A:

     winm336.exe       file size: 744615 bytes       file date: 08-19-98

I assume this is the file you tried? make sure the file size is the same. It
probably is, CNET likely just links you to the file at the USR site but I
can't be sure.

It may not be working because of some country code in the UK version of
Win95b.

Can you call the UK support number for USR and ask them directly where the
proper file can be found?

Failing that, you may have to find someone with an installation disk for
your Winmodem and get them to give you a copy.

Hooda