USR 56K Winmodem model 5683 - NOISY!

Post by avaram » Thu, 15 Apr 1999 04:00:00

How can I suppress completely the sound of connection negotiation. The
volume control (in modem configuration) has 3 levels but the sound stays the
same for all of them. Is there any command that can be added to make it
completely mute?
Thanks.
Dan.

USR 56K Winmodem model 5683 - NOISY!

Post by Rick Colli » Fri, 16 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>How can I suppress completely the sound of connection negotiation. The
>volume control (in modem configuration) has 3 levels but the sound stays the
>same for all of them. Is there any command that can be added to make it
>completely mute?

The M0 command turns the speaker OFF.

-----------------------------------
Rick

Post by Cable Wannabe » Sat, 17 Apr 1999 04:00:00

>How can I suppress completely the sound of connection negotiation. The
>volume control (in modem configuration) has 3 levels but the sound stays
>the same for all of them. Is there any command that can be added to >make
it completely mute?
>Thanks.
>Dan.

See the thread in this newsgroup, Subject: Modem Volume Command, especially
the reply by Jason Starnes.

To summarize, go to
Start/Settings/ControlPanel/Modems/Properties/Connection/
    Advanced/Extra Settings, enter "M0", then click OK.

The modem's built-in speaker should then shut up.  Mine did.
(What a relief!)

Cabel Wannabee