Hayes Upgrade 11 Weeks an still waiting.

Hayes Upgrade 11 Weeks an still waiting.

Post by Jack » Wed, 13 Aug 1997 04:00:00

Glenn you said you would shake the tree at Hayes. I am very unhappy with
your company. Why is it taking 11 weeks to receive are modem an why don't
they send me an e-mail message telling me why they have not sent are modem.

A very unhappy customer!!!!

Jack

Hayes Upgrade 11 Weeks an still waiting.

Post by Glenn Harp » Thu, 14 Aug 1997 04:00:00

says...

Quote:>Glenn you said you would shake the tree at Hayes. I am very unhappy with
>your company. Why is it taking 11 weeks to receive are modem an why don't
>they send me an e-mail message telling me why they have not sent are modem.

Jack,

It's probably in that huge stack I saw on the back dock; the stack that UPS,
FedEx, and the US Postal Service are all refusing to pick up.

--
Glenn Harper
Hayes Online Services

  Web: www.hayes.com               phone: (770) 441-1617
  ftp: ftp.hayes.com                 fax: (770) 449-0087

Post by John Alonzo Bre » Thu, 14 Aug 1997 04:00:00

>It's probably in that huge stack I saw on the back dock; the stack that UPS,
>FedEx, and the US Postal Service are all refusing to pick up.

I don't understand.  If you're referring to the UPS strike, that's
only been going on for a week and a half (it started the day I sent in
my modem :).  The subject claims it's been 11 weeks (since he sent in
his, I assume).

I also wasn't aware that the US Postal Service was honoring the UPS
picket line.

Fortunately, I traded in an old 1200 baud that I wasn't using, so I'm
not out of commission.  The only thing that's annoying me is that,
with the shipping costs, this trade-in "deal" is quickly being
overtaken by price reductions in the stores.  I certainly hope I get
mine while it's still cheaper than the retail price.
--
John A. Breen         | I teleported home one night with Ron & Sid & Meg.

Post by Jack » Fri, 15 Aug 1997 04:00:00

<It's probably in that huge stack I saw on the back dock>

Would you find out from your computer system an see it is one of those on
the dock.

Thanks
Jack

Post by Brian Elfe » Fri, 15 Aug 1997 04:00:00

>>It's probably in that huge stack I saw on the back dock; the stack that UPS,
>>FedEx, and the US Postal Service are all refusing to pick up.
>I don't understand.  If you're referring to the UPS strike, that's
>only been going on for a week and a half (it started the day I sent in
>my modem :).  The subject claims it's been 11 weeks (since he sent in
>his, I assume).
>I also wasn't aware that the US Postal Service was honoring the UPS
>picket line.

Both the US Postal Service and Federal Express are severely limiting the
number of packages that they will pick up, particulary for customers not
previously using the USPS or Fedex for shipping.

Brian

Post by Mike Haig » Fri, 15 Aug 1997 04:00:00

: >Glenn you said you would shake the tree at Hayes. I am very unhappy with
: >your company. Why is it taking 11 weeks to receive are modem an why don't
: >they send me an e-mail message telling me why they have not sent are modem.

: Their lights are on but nobody's home.
: This is yet more evidence that they don't care about their customers.

Pullllleeeeesssseeee!  Rumors have it that Rockwell is shipping
bad data pumps and UPS is in the midst of its first strike
in their history.  Just how much do you want Hayes to apologize
for others?
--
MHH

Hayes Upgrade 11 Weeks an still waiting.

Post by Glenn Harp » Sat, 16 Aug 1997 04:00:00

Quote:>I don't understand.  If you're referring to the UPS strike, that's
>only been going on for a week and a half (it started the day I sent in
>my modem :).  The subject claims it's been 11 weeks (since he sent in
>his, I assume).

I wasn't trying to imply that the entire delay was UPS' problem.  A little over
a week ago I had heard that we were starting to get the backlog cleared out
finally and, as luck would have it, that's when the UPS people walked out.

Quote:

>I also wasn't aware that the US Postal Service was honoring the UPS
>picket line.

They aren't "honoring their picket line", but they can only handle so much of
the extra load and they won't pick up much beyond what they were previously
picking up before.  Whereas we only shipped a handful of items via USPS before
the strike, they will only pickup about twice this small amount now.  The
problem is that we have *thousands* of units sitting on the dock ready to go.

--
Glenn Harper
Hayes Online Services

  Web: www.hayes.com               phone: (770) 441-1617
  ftp: ftp.hayes.com                 fax: (770) 449-0087

Hayes Upgrade 11 Weeks an still waiting.

Post by Glenn Harp » Sat, 16 Aug 1997 04:00:00

Quote:

><It's probably in that huge stack I saw on the back dock>

>Would you find out from your computer system an see it is one of those on
>the dock.

Sure.  Do you have the RMA number that you received handy?  That would cut down
on the time it takes to look up where it might be.

--
Glenn Harper
Hayes Online Services

  Web: www.hayes.com               phone: (770) 441-1617
  ftp: ftp.hayes.com                 fax: (770) 449-0087

Hayes Upgrade 11 Weeks an still waiting.

Post by jbergman » Sat, 16 Aug 1997 04:00:00

Well, FWIW, I still have not received an RMA# for my uptrade submitted back
in May!!!! I called them after 4 weeks and was told the wait was up to 5-6
weeks. I'm still waiting. However, in the mean time I bought a Supra even
though I may still get the Hayes if they ever decide to send the RMA#.

Good Luck!

> >: >Glenn you said you would shake the tree at Hayes. I am very unhappy
with
> >: >your company. Why is it taking 11 weeks to receive are modem an why
don't
> >: >they send me an e-mail message telling me why they have not sent are
modem.

> >: Their lights are on but nobody's home.
> >: This is yet more evidence that they don't care about their customers.

> >Pullllleeeeesssseeee!  Rumors have it that Rockwell is shipping
> >bad data pumps and UPS is in the midst of its first strike
> >in their history.  Just how much do you want Hayes to apologize
> >for others?

> Just for their usual behavior.

Hayes Upgrade 11 Weeks an still waiting.

Post by Robert J. Freemo » Sat, 16 Aug 1997 04:00:00

Quote:>Well, FWIW, I still have not received an RMA# for my uptrade submitted back
>in May!!!! I called them after 4 weeks and was told the wait was up to 5-6
>weeks. I'm still waiting. However, in the mean time I bought a Supra even
>though I may still get the Hayes if they ever decide to send the RMA

I too had been waiting forever and finally was forced to buy another
brand this past week.  My daughter is heading back to college and I am
losing my current modem along with this computer.  Hard decision, but
I didn't really have a choice if I want to remain online.

Does anyone know how to cancel my Hayes upgrade order?  I don't see
anything on their web page or in the e-mail they sent me.  I am
concerned because I gave them my credit card number and I fear I may
get charged somewhere down the line if I don't notify them in a timely
manner.

Thanks,

Rob  :-)

Post by Mike Barnar » Sat, 16 Aug 1997 04:00:00

> Pullllleeeeesssseeee!  Rumors have it that Rockwell is shipping
> bad data pumps and UPS is in the midst of its first strike
> in their history.

Hayes seems to thrive on "rumors".  If they're having trouble receiving
or shipping product, they _could_ send an e-mail or a postcard to inform
you of the problem.  But this seems to be too much effort or expense on
their part....

Quote:> Just how much do you want Hayes to apologize for others?

Treating customers like dirt is s.o.p. for Hayes.  They seem to think
that you should be "honored" that they deigned to let a lowly end user
buy their products.  I sold my two Optima 28.8 modems because I grew
tired of putting up with their "thanks for the cash, now don't bother
me" attitude.  I haven't bought or recommended another product from
Hayes since then, and I never intend to.

Hayes Upgrade 11 Weeks an still waiting.

Post by John Alonzo Bre » Sat, 16 Aug 1997 04:00:00

Quote:>Does anyone know how to cancel my Hayes upgrade order?  I don't see
>anything on their web page or in the e-mail they sent me.  I am
>concerned because I gave them my credit card number and I fear I may
>get charged somewhere down the line if I don't notify them in a timely
>manner.

I was wondering this also.  I'd be surprised if they charged you
before you sent in your trade-in.  I, OTOH, have already sent in my
trade-in, so I'm at their mercy until I get mine.
--

Post by jbergman » Sun, 17 Aug 1997 04:00:00

> >Does anyone know how to cancel my Hayes upgrade order?  I don't see
> >anything on their web page or in the e-mail they sent me.  I am
> >concerned because I gave them my credit card number and I fear I may
> >get charged somewhere down the line if I don't notify them in a timely
> >manner.

> I was wondering this also.  I'd be surprised if they charged you
> before you sent in your trade-in.  I, OTOH, have already sent in my
> trade-in, so I'm at their mercy until I get mine.
> --
> John A. Breen         | I teleported home one night with Ron & Sid & Meg.

leg.
>                       |                            - Douglas Adams

I would agree!

I seem to recall that they had told me they would not charge my credit card
until after they had received my old modem and sent out the new Hayes.

Since I have not yet received my RMA#, I am not concerned about trying to
cancel the order since I may still want to take advantage of it. I'll, of
course, keep a close eye on my VISA bill.

Regards,

John Bergmann

Post by C. McClu » Sun, 17 Aug 1997 04:00:00

> >Well, FWIW, I still have not received an RMA# for my uptrade submitted back
> >in May!!!! I called them after 4 weeks and was told the wait was up to 5-6
> >weeks. I'm still waiting. However, in the mean time I bought a Supra even
> >though I may still get the Hayes if they ever decide to send the RMA

> I too had been waiting forever and finally was forced to buy another
> brand this past week.  My daughter is heading back to college and I am
> losing my current modem along with this computer.  Hard decision, but
> I didn't really have a choice if I want to remain online.

> Does anyone know how to cancel my Hayes upgrade order?  I don't see
> anything on their web page or in the e-mail they sent me.  I am
> concerned because I gave them my credit card number and I fear I may
> get charged somewhere down the line if I don't notify them in a timely
> manner.

> Thanks,

> Rob  :-)

I placed an order with Hayes for the 56K upgrade in early June.  I have
not as of 08/16/87 received an RMA#.  I have inquired about the status of
my order via Email twice, but I have not received a reply.

When I placed my order I received a reply at the end of which were these
addresses:

Hayes Microcomputer Products, Inc.      WWW: http://www.hayes.com
Voice Support: 770-441-1617                   ftp://ftp.hayes.com
(Mon-Fri, 8AM-6PM, eastern)                telnet://bbs.hayes.com

when I complained about the $15.00 shipping charges.

I would feel free to repeatedly write, call and Email Hayes until you get
a response.

About credit card charges: it is unlikely that Hayes would charge for
product not delivered.  You can ask the credit card company to withold
payment in the case that a fraudulent charge is posted to your account.

Pardon my rambling.

   CM

Post by David Y » Sun, 17 Aug 1997 04:00:00

: Does anyone know how to cancel my Hayes upgrade order?  I don't see
: anything on their web page or in the e-mail they sent me.  I am
: concerned because I gave them my credit card number and I fear I may
: get charged somewhere down the line if I don't notify them in a timely
: manner.

I called up customer service to cancel (15 minutes on hold...grrr); they
cancelled it, but told me as a side note that they won't charge until the
modem ships, so if you never send in your tradein, you won't get charged.

-dave

1. USR Sportster V.34 upgrade date; 11/30 or 11/23?

You're in Norway; due to internationalization, I wouldn't be surprised if your
ROM revision dates were different than ours (USA).

        -Kenny

--
Kenneth R. Crudup, Unix Software Consultant, Scott County Consulting

16 Plainfield St, Boston, MA 02130-3633   +1 617 983 9410      Fax
OS/2 box: pkenny.tiac.net (when I'm online) Get Warp-ed! OS/2 3.0 is here NOW!

2. Problem with OS/2's DOS Emulation

3. Last Week at the FCC 10/28 - 11/1

4. Bit rate

5. iis.ethz.ch going down in the week of Feb 11

6. supra 336i sp win98 SE

7. NAT stopped working when upgrading from 11.2.1 to 11.2.10

8. Cisco 837 NAT not working, what am I doing wrong?

9. problems with 11.0(11) upgrade

10. Message waiting on Option 11

11. Hayes 144+ - Win CE - Casio A-11

12. Hayes Announces Agreement to Emerge from Chapter 11

13. Hayes in Chapter 11???