Hooda, 3Com USR #2977, Any advice?

Post by CESI » Sat, 29 Apr 2000 04:00:00

I just ordered myself a 3Com 2977 PCI modem.  Should get here today. The
specs say it is a hardware modem.
Is there anything I should know up front about installation or config for
this modem?
(Kind of in the "ounce of prevention" category)

I've been using a Lucent LtWinmodem for several years, with good success.

Thanks

LGC

Hooda, 3Com USR #2977, Any advice?

Post by Hooda Ges » Sat, 29 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> I just ordered myself a 3Com 2977 PCI modem.  Should get here today. The
> specs say it is a hardware modem.
> Is there anything I should know up front about installation or config for
> this modem?
> (Kind of in the "ounce of prevention" category)

> I've been using a Lucent LtWinmodem for several years, with good success.

Not me... I have never installed a PCI modem. I'm going to have to get one
and so that. The wife will love that... another modem??? [sigh... yes,
dear...]

Hooda

Hooda, 3Com USR #2977, Any advice?

Post by Mike Pospolit » Wed, 03 May 2000 04:00:00

Don't put it in the slot directly adjacent to the agp slot, because they
sometimes share irq's. This modem is oem, also referred to as the Condor.

I had no real issues installing mine, except a bit of a tug of war w/
plug&pray (I won).

Mike

Quote:> I just ordered myself a 3Com 2977 PCI modem.  Should get here today. The
> specs say it is a hardware modem.
> Is there anything I should know up front about installation or config for
> this modem?
> (Kind of in the "ounce of prevention" category)

> I've been using a Lucent LtWinmodem for several years, with good success.

> Thanks

> LGC

1. 3com/USR v.90/56K Model 2977

Help Please ...

Based on "USR" of long ago (1996), I bought "one" ... ;_(

I managed to find the OEM support (meager) on 3com/USR URL ...

Can someone tell me "what" I have ... whutzit 'like' ???

Is it good/bad/indifferent ???
And, ...
did I just pay for some more 'education' ???

TIA,

Ed

2. Eglin/DDN address changes

3. 3Com USR 2977 speaker volume

4. shared border & 760 pixel

5. Is 3Com USR Model 2977 a Winmodem?

6. Epson Stylus Pro banding

7. 3Com modem model # 2977 Help

8. Anonymous FTP List - Sites 1/2

9. Problems?/Questions with 3Com 2977 OEM modem???

10. 3COM 2977 OEM is really a ?

11. Recommendations for 3Com 2977?

12. S1598 and 3Com 2977

13. 3Com 2977 & NT 4.0