Low priced 28.8 modems

Post by John Nav » Sun, 23 Apr 1995 04:00:00

Newsgroups: comp.dcom.modems
Subject: Low priced 28.8 modems
Date: 22 Apr 1995 06:24:31 GMT

>Looking for a good price on a 28.8 modem? Look no further...
>We have ZOLTRIC 28.8 v.fc internal modems for $109 and CARDINAL 28.8
>v.34 external for $169. Let me know if you are interested. We ship
>anywhere. Price is fob Miami.
>Ray
>US MICRO SYSTEMS
>FAX: +1305-571-4520

Commercial ads do NOT belong here -- use biz.* -- thanks for your
cooperation.
--
Best regards,

28800 Modem FAQ: http://www.aimnet.com/~jnavas/modem/faq.html
FAQ text: ftp://ftp.aimnet.com/pub/users/jnavas/modem/faq.zip

Low priced 28.8 modems

Post by Richard Kooijm » Mon, 24 Apr 1995 04:00:00

>Commercial ads do NOT belong here -- use biz.* -- thanks for your
>cooperation.

What also should not be done is posting 10+ messages a day that only
have 1 (one, uno, een, ein) line of reply and 5 lines of signature.

Most of your posts I have seen today were of a kind that would have better
been sent through private e-mail.

Nobody is really helped by reading messages with the added line:
"nonsense" or
"see the FAQ below"

Is it possible for you to use NetNews more efficiently and use private
e-mail more often?

I have sent a message with the same request earlier through private
e-mail. Your lack of response (both to that message or in your
change of actions here) show that you are somehow feeling better
exposing most of your messages to the newsreader public.
Does it turn you on to see your name 20+ times a day in this
newsgroup?

Richard.

Low priced 28.8 modems

Post by John Bro » Tue, 25 Apr 1995 04:00:00

>>Commercial ads do NOT belong here -- use biz.* -- thanks for your
>>cooperation.
>What also should not be done is posting 10+ messages a day that only
>have 1 (one, uno, een, ein) line of reply and 5 lines of signature.

>Most of your posts I have seen today were of a kind that would have better
>been sent through private e-mail.

One of the purposes of a post like the one from John Navas is to
publicly embarrass someone who has used a newsgroup inappropriately, in
this case by posting an adverti*t.  Commercial operations are
particularly sensitive to negative publicity in a forum being read by
potential customers, so posts like that are more effective than they
might be against your typical * nuisance poster.  I generally
try e-mail first, but that doesn't always work.
--
John Brock