Motorola Power 288 Connecting to Hayes Accura 288

Motorola Power 288 Connecting to Hayes Accura 288

Post by Rick Gartn » Sun, 07 Jan 1996 04:00:00

I have a Motorola Power 288 external modem and I am trying to connect to a NT
server running RAS.  I am using windows 95.  The modem will dial correctly and
then it will disconnect.  I also have NT workstation installed on my PC and
connect to the server via the modem just fine.  I know it has something to do
with windows95 and the initialization string.  I have connected to this server
using windows 95 using other modems but with the Motorola Power modem it won't
connect.  Thanks for your help in advance.

RickG.

Post by Ham M » Mon, 08 Jan 1996 04:00:00

> I have a Motorola Power 288 external modem and I am trying to connect to a NT
> server running RAS.  I am using windows 95.  The modem will dial correctly and
> then it will disconnect.  I also have NT workstation installed on my PC and
> connect to the server via the modem just fine.  I know it has something to do
> with windows95 and the initialization string.  I have connected to this server
> using windows 95 using other modems but with the Motorola Power modem it won't
> connect.  Thanks for your help in advance.

> RickG.

 Try AT&F1 in the modem setup box.