How to uninstall USRwinmodem 5683-01?

Post by Trader » Wed, 12 Jan 2000 04:00:00

HI

I would like to know where to look for complete instructions on how to
remove all traces of the winmodem from my system . I am replacing it with a
USR 5687 hardware modem. I want to remove all registry items as well as all
files.

Thanks

Jay

Post by Art Jackso » Thu, 13 Jan 2000 04:00:00

> HI

> I would like to know where to look for complete instructions on how to
> remove all traces of the winmodem from my system . I am replacing it with a
> USR 5687 hardware modem. I want to remove all registry items as well as all
> files.

> Thanks

> Jay

Try the wmregdel.exe at the link below. Good luck.
http://consumer.3com.com/winmodem/filelibrary/index.html

--
***************************                      _______
| Art Jackson       W4TOY |  When all else      |       |

***************************                     |_______|

How to uninstall USRwinmodem 5683-01?

Post by MountainKin » Thu, 13 Jan 2000 04:00:00

There is an uninstall feature if you double click on your modems icon in the
control pane, click on the properties button for the modem and go to the
port settings tab. This usually removes all traces of the modem including
the registry entries.  -Tony

How to uninstall USRwinmodem 5683-01?

Post by Trader » Thu, 13 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Tony, I know about the uninstall feature in control panel, but I was not
sure it would delete the registry entries as well as all the installed
files.
 Thanks Tony
I found the file at USR site.
Thanks Art

Quote:> There is an uninstall feature if you double click on your modems icon in
the
> control pane, click on the properties button for the modem and go to the
> port settings tab. This usually removes all traces of the modem including
> the registry entries.  -Tony

1. USR 56K Winmodem model 5683 - NOISY!

How can I suppress completely the sound of connection negotiation. The
volume control (in modem configuration) has 3 levels but the sound stays the
same for all of them. Is there any command that can be added to make it
completely mute?
Thanks.
Dan.

2. WANTED: Syquest 44MB driv

3. usr 5683 - comm port open

4. Sharp JX-9500H

5. winmodem model 5683

6. Pattern Generation Question

7. USR Winmodem 5683 vs. Data/Fax 5687

8. All Shortcuts Lost !

9. 3com\USR winmodem model 5683

10. EMAIL DOWN AGAIN IN SFBA 01/01/01

11. Who is using multicast address 01-80-c2-00-00-01?

12. Modem Saga - Assessments/Opinions Welcomed - ModLog1.txt [01/01]

13. Hayes Accura Speakerphone 56K ThruPut - NewThru.bmp [01/01]