USRob for Mac: How do I make incoming calls set the modem off - without call waiting

USRob for Mac: How do I make incoming calls set the modem off - without call waiting

Post by Jorge A. Ramírez-Portel » Mon, 16 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Hello
I use an USRobotics Sportster (external) for MacOS on a PowerComputing
225 since October 97.  Im still trying to figure out how do I make the
modem detect an incoming call so that the connection stops as this
happens.  I already made sure that Im not typing the disabling code (*70
or whatever) that disables call waiting.  I've tested call waiting in
normal calls and its working fine.
What am I missing? or..Is this just not possible to do?
I know Windows users get knocked off their connection if they dont use
de disable call waiting feature..

Please help

Thanks
Jorge A Ramirez Portela
Mayaguez, Puerto Rico

USRob for Mac: How do I make incoming calls set the modem off - without call waiting

Post by Rick Colli » Wed, 18 Mar 1998 04:00:00

On Sun, 15 Mar 1998 18:41:36 -0400, "Jorge A. Ramrez-Portela"

>Hello
>I use an USRobotics Sportster (external) for MacOS on a PowerComputing
>225 since October 97.  Im still trying to figure out how do I make the
>modem detect an incoming call so that the connection stops as this
>happens.  I already made sure that Im not typing the disabling code (*70
>or whatever) that disables call waiting.  I've tested call waiting in
>normal calls and its working fine.
>What am I missing? or..Is this just not possible to do?
>I know Windows users get knocked off their connection if they dont use
>de disable call waiting feature..

Most modern modems will not drop the connection when a "call waiting"
signal is received, and there is no command that can reliably make
them do so.

Rick (remove X from e-mail address)

1. How do I get my modem to drop carrier with incoming call waiting calls?

I have a problem, and one which you probably don't see all
the time, but my modem simply doesn't drop carrier at all.  My old modem

would drop carrier if a call came in on the call waiting, so if I was
doing something important on it I would disable it, but if I was just
scanning newsgroups or something, I'd leave call waiting on that way my
calls would disconnect me and get through.  My new modem (Amjet 33.6,
Sportser Compatible) does not even acknowledge the call waiting calls.
What I mean, is that I can be connected, and if I call my line from
another phone it just continually rings (as if I wasn't home).  It rings
on the phone calling me, of course it doesn't ring in my house.  That's
some terrible english, but I hope it made some sense.  Is there
any way I can get it to drop carrier if a call comes in on my call
waiting?

Thanks,

Jungle

2. Visual DSP++

3. Modem Doesn't Hangup on Incoming Call with Call Waiting

4. ION 1.1

5. How to disable call waiting for incoming calls on modem?

6. 1.6.23 (ST) Problems

7. Call waiting with call id - still don't get the Call waiting signal!

8. PRNG revisited

9. disabling call waiting on an INCOMING call

10. Call waiting... how to recieve incoming calls?

11. Disabling Call Waiting on INCOMING calls

12. Disabling Call Waiting on INCOMING calls - SOLUTION

13. Call waiting... how to recieve incoming calls?