How to Hang Up Modem?

Post by Farooq Az » Wed, 12 Feb 1997 04:00:00

Hello Everyone,

I am using Supra336iPnP modem with Windows95 on a telephone line.
I would like my modem to drop my internet connection after certain
numer of phone rings.

Is it possible? If yes, how do I do it? Thanks in advance.

--

Farooq-e-Azam

How to Hang Up Modem?

Post by Jim Hafner-Eat » Wed, 12 Feb 1997 04:00:00

<>Hello Everyone,
<>
<>I am using Supra336iPnP modem with Windows95 on a telephone line.
<>I would like my modem to drop my internet connection after certain
<>numer of phone rings.
<>
<>Is it possible? If yes, how do I do it? Thanks in advance.
<>
<>--
<>
<>Farooq-e-Azam

Maybe I am missing something here but don't callers hear a busy signal when
they call you and you are on line?  In which case, there are no rings.

If you are wanting the modem to disconnect when a Call Waiting tone
happens, then I understand your question.  However, the answer is that we
do not have any way to detect the CW tone and drop the line when it is
present.

Jim

Technical Services Manager
Diamond Multimedia, Communications Division

How to Hang Up Modem?

Post by Jim R. Tremolin » Wed, 12 Feb 1997 04:00:00

> Hello Everyone,

> I am using Supra336iPnP modem with Windows95 on a telephone line.
> I would like my modem to drop my internet connection after certain
> numer of phone rings.

> Is it possible? If yes, how do I do it? Thanks in advance.

> --

> Farooq-e-Azam

I assume you mean you are connected to the Internet with your modem and
you want the modem to hang up when you receive and incoming call,
correct?  If so, getting Call Waiting on your phone line would allow you
to receive another call while connected.  Without Call Waiting, how does
the modem know you are receiving another call?  i.e. It's the same as
when you are using the phone.  Do you know when you are getting second
call?  All the other end receives is a busy signal and without Call
Waiting you have no way of knowing someone is trying to reach you.

Most people disable Call Waiting when using their modem as it's very
intrusive...your modem will disconnect as soon as it "hears" the other
call.  What if your downloading a file?  Then you need to start the
whole process over again.  BTW, you can use *70 to disable call
waiting.  i.e. ATDT*70,555-1212

Jim.

How to Hang Up Modem?

Post by vuk » Wed, 12 Feb 1997 04:00:00

> Hello Everyone,

> I am using Supra336iPnP modem with Windows95 on a telephone line.
> I would like my modem to drop my internet connection after certain
> numer of phone rings.

> Is it possible? If yes, how do I do it? Thanks in advance.

> --

> Farooq-e-Azam

1. Goto control panel,
2. click modems,
3. under the gereral tab: hit properties (not dialing properties)
4. under connection tab: make sure the option "cancell the call if not
connected within XX" is on.
I hope this helps.
VUK

How to Hang Up Modem?

Post by Gar » Sun, 09 Mar 1997 04:00:00

><>Hello Everyone,
><>
><>I am using Supra336iPnP modem with Windows95 on a telephone line.
><>I would like my modem to drop my internet connection after certain
><>numer of phone rings.
><>
><>Is it possible? If yes, how do I do it? Thanks in advance.
><>
><>--
><>
><>Farooq-e-Azam

>Maybe I am missing something here but don't callers hear a busy signal when
>they call you and you are on line?  In which case, there are no rings.

>If you are wanting the modem to disconnect when a Call Waiting tone
>happens, then I understand your question.  However, the answer is that we
>do not have any way to detect the CW tone and drop the line when it is
>present.

>Jim

I have two modems ...both USR...one will disconnect with call waiting..the
other will not.I hear that there is some program that will make a box popup
saying you have an incoming call and gives you the chance to answer it.
Wish I could find it but I cant get past USR's autoresponse to email.

Gary

1. Modem Hang Ups

I know this group is drowning in traffic but please take pity on me and
listen to my silly problem.

There is a site that I need to connect to that operates under a "call-back"
mechanism. I call it and connect to a Telebit Netblazer. I enter my user
name, it hangs up and calls me back at a pre-configured number. The problem
is that my modem, a Boca 14.4E (stop laughing) won't hang up for 30 seconds
after the Netblazer drops carrier. During this time the Netblazer has called
back, received a busy signal, and given up.

What I don't understand is why the Boca won't hang up after losing carrier.
I call other modems using the identical settings on the Boca and when they
drop carrrier the Boca hangs up immediately. As near as I can figure it
has to be some interaction between the Netblazer and the Boca.

Can anyone help ? Please ?

--

                   Russian and "liberals" if they're American ?

2. WTB: NeWSprint Software

3. 28. USR Hang Ups Win 95!

4. ASD v. airport2.10

5. Random hang-ups

6. TCPIP <-> Lan-access

7. Hang ups - possible solution

8. XMS swapping reduces available WIN memory by 3MB!

9. Sportster 28.8K hang Ups

10. No hang-ups

11. USR Sportser + random hang-ups HELP!!!!

12. Hang-ups [Re: RISKS-4.67]