HELP HELP HELP!!! Win95 Stole my COM2 port !!!

HELP HELP HELP!!! Win95 Stole my COM2 port !!!

Post by Mr D » Tue, 10 Oct 1995 04:00:00

I have a weird problem! it started 2 days ago.

I am using Procomm+2.11 for Windows as my comms software,
and USR SPortster 28.8 on Com2 port.

The modem is internal.
Everything was working fine before that. In fact, it still works thtough
DOS (if i boot into "command prompt only")

but in Win95 it says "port in use". Even if i try going into control panel,

it still says that in "diagnostics". that port is used!

I cannot find out what is using it! there is nothing i know of that can be using my com2!

PLEASe PLEASE help! if you have any ideas, PLEASE mail me now!!!

Thanks

1. HELP HELP HELP! Win95 STOLE my COM2 !!!

I have a weird problem, it started yesterday. It seems
Windows 95 has locked my Com2 port somehow.

I use Procomm+2.11 for windows, and it says "unable to open port 2:
port in use"

I tried to  go to control panel, modems and tried to to the
"diagnostics" but it said "port already open"

anyhow, i think there is nothing in background using the port,
everything was working FINE  2 days ago, and i have not done
anything that  could caus this!

OK, i checked using  a dos comms program, the modem works fine
if i boot under "command prompt only"
HENCE - its not hardware, but its Windows 95 doing something!

Does anyone know  how to fix this? PLEASe PLEASE PLEASE mail me
if you have ANY ideas!

Thanks

2. X10 motion detector & batteries

3. Help Help Help Help Help !!!!!!!!

4. Scott Lee at fakewatch.com has ripped me off ...

5. VPN --- HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP

6. Deja.com Moving: Archives May Not Be Available Temporarily

7. HELP HELP HELP Win95 not detecting SupraExpress "PnP"

8. 'snd ' resources

9. HELP HELP HELP with Win95 logins

10. HELP HELP HELP: DISABLING AT COMMAND ON MODEM PORTS

11. Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!

12. NEWCOM X2 56K Modem ? HELP HELP HELP HELP

13. HELP HELP HELP HELP