Boca 14.4 ext going on hook?

Post by Carlos Domingu » Fri, 25 Jun 1993 00:34:25

Whenever my new BOCA goes on-hook, it starts to click madly back and
forth, until it grabs the line. Sometimes after it does grab the line,
it says NO DIALTONE even though I hear tone from the speaker.

I sent back the first one for this reason, and the replacement does the
same damn thing.

Boca blames Rockwell.. ( of course of course )

Is there a workaround for this? I also hear a small "pop" every time I
have disk or serial i/o activity.

Other than that it connects a bit faster, and it now connects to a few modems
that i could never connect to prior.

Any help will be appreciated.

--

         -(o o)-          | ----------------------------------------------

1. Courier goes off-hook, then back on-hook

I have a Courier V.Everything with 7/95 ROM code.  The modem had
been working fine, but... now as soon as it goes off-hook to
dial out or answer an incoming call it goes right back on-hook.  In
the case of dial out, it does not matter whether there is a
dial-tone present, the modem still goes back on-hook.

Sounds like an electrical relay problem???

Thanks,

Kirk Zawrazky

2. Computer Ambush

3. C++ sample code for causing a modem to go off-hook, on-hook, dial?

4. cisco 2524 w/ csu/dsu $3,500, too expensive ??

5. Go off hook --- and STAY bloody well off hook!

6. data processing in (La)TeX

7. Looking for hook relay for USR 14.4 Sportster INT

8. Win98 to 2kServer DHCP problem

9. Help - Wang 14.4 internal stays off-hook on power-up

10. Help: USR 14.4 Sporster Si ext

11. Problem: ThinkPad-USR Ext.14.4-Zmodem

12. FS: Supra V.32bis 14.4 Ext. Fax modem

13. Is it possible to upgrade a USR Sportster 14.4 ext???