My PCMCIA Modem is always recognized as Standard PCMCIA Card Modem

My PCMCIA Modem is always recognized as Standard PCMCIA Card Modem

Post by skywalker (please remove the X's before replyi » Wed, 24 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Hello,

I've just bought a ActionTec PCMCIA 56k flex Card Modem.

Installing it under Windows 95 A, the Modem is found as a DataLink
56k, and Windows tells me to insert the appropriate disk. After doing
so the modem is working fine!

Installing it under Windows 95 B, the Modem is recognized as a
Standard PCMCIA Modem. Positions of the Drivers is said to be  INF,
and no chance to replace this drivers by the ones of the disk that
came with the Modem. Diagnostics work on the Modem as a Standard
Modem, but it is getting no dialtone and is not working. Even placing
the mdmat.inf-File from the Disk in the INF directory doesn't help.

For differnt reasons, I want to use Win95b. Is there a fix, so I can
use the modem under Win95b??

Any help would be appreciated!

Please answer to my email (or cc:), but remove the X's before
replying.

Thank you!

Yours,

sky

My PCMCIA Modem is always recognized as Standard PCMCIA Card Modem

Post by Rick Colli » Thu, 25 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>Hello,

>I've just bought a ActionTec PCMCIA 56k flex Card Modem.

>Installing it under Windows 95 A, the Modem is found as a DataLink
>56k, and Windows tells me to insert the appropriate disk. After doing
>so the modem is working fine!

>Installing it under Windows 95 B, the Modem is recognized as a
>Standard PCMCIA Modem. Positions of the Drivers is said to be  INF,
>and no chance to replace this drivers by the ones of the disk that
>came with the Modem.

Check the box that says "I will select my modem from a list" rather
than letting Win95 auto-detect it.

Rick (remove X from e-mail address)

My PCMCIA Modem is always recognized as Standard PCMCIA Card Modem

Post by skywalker (please remove the X's before replyi » Thu, 25 Jun 1998 04:00:00

When I use the Hardware Function, it doesn't let me use the Modem as a
PCMCIA Modem. It only gives me the choice of selecting the COM1 or the
COM2. Using one of them, the Diagnostics fail (Modem not connected).

When Installing the Modem as a PCMCIA, it "creates" a new COM3 Port.
How can I do that, when not using the Hardware Wizard?

Thank you, yours

sky

(Please remove the X's before replying)

>>Hello,

>>I've just bought a ActionTec PCMCIA 56k flex Card Modem.

>>Installing it under Windows 95 A, the Modem is found as a DataLink
>>56k, and Windows tells me to insert the appropriate disk. After doing
>>so the modem is working fine!

>>Installing it under Windows 95 B, the Modem is recognized as a
>>Standard PCMCIA Modem. Positions of the Drivers is said to be  INF,
>>and no chance to replace this drivers by the ones of the disk that
>>came with the Modem.

>Check the box that says "I will select my modem from a list" rather
>than letting Win95 auto-detect it.

>Rick (remove X from e-mail address)

1. PCMCIA Modem and Winfax 4.0 and PCMCIA Driver questions

I just installed a 14.4 PCMCIA modem in my (new) Toshiba 4700 Laptop PC.

First, the modem sent faxes from MS Word find.  However, when I then went
into Winfax 4.0 to check my Send Log I got a GPF Error message saying
there was a problem with File: Faxmng.exe.  Any idea what the problem is
or how to correct? As I said, the faxes transmitted FINE!

Second, this is my first install of a PCMCIA Modem.  Therefore I first
installed the Toshiba PCMCIA Software and then installed the software
that came with the mode (a Metahertz (I believe) xjack 14.4 modem).  The
software loads drivers in both the autoexec.bat and the config.sys.
There seemed to be a conflict between the two sets of drivers so I REM's
out the Metahertz lines in the autoexec abd the config.sys (using a ;).
Now the Toshiba files load but they are rather large files (3-4 files aof
about 20 - 50 k each).  My available memory is around 500k AFTER using MS
Memaker (in Dos 6.2).  I would like to increase base memory and use only
the drivers that the PCMCIA modem needs. Do I nee dthe Toshiba Card
Management files? Should I use the OEM Ones that came with the modem??

HELP! This is for my Boss's PC (YIKES)!

Please post or e-mail me.

mark

2. BEHIND ...

3. PCMCIA,PCMCIA MODEM

4. Q: Profiling of multithreaded applications (with gcc) ?

5. 3COM Ethernet PCMCIA card in a TOSHIBA PCMCIA Deskstation

6. calling C-function from techfile

7. PCI PC-Card Drive supports all PCMCIA and CardBus cards like Modem, LAN, ISDN etc.

8. Improving the TI-99/4A

9. PCMCIA card - modem or pci card in device manager?

10. Standard PCMCIA Flash Card in a 3640 ?

11. PCMCIA modems, upgrade to new standard?

12. 2524XL PWR killing 3COM Lan/Modem PCMCIA card?

13. Connecting mutiple PCMCIA modem cards to one PC