Modem doesn't work in DOS

Post by dpowe » Mon, 10 Mar 1997 04:00:00

Hi,

I have a diamond supra 28.8 modem and using windows 95.   I have no problem
configuring and using the modem in any windows program.  However, when I
attempt to work the modem with any dos program requiring a modem, it
doesn't work.  Any suggestions?

Thanks

Modem doesn't work in DOS

Post by Anthony Hi » Mon, 10 Mar 1997 04:00:00

Quote:>I have a diamond supra 28.8 modem and using windows 95.   I have no problem
>configuring and using the modem in any windows program.  However, when I
>attempt to work the modem with any dos program requiring a modem, it
>doesn't work.  Any suggestions?

        It sounds like your modem is a Plug 'n Pray model, which means
that you'll need to use the DOS PnP software to configure the comm and
IRQ settings for the modem.  There should be some reference to this in
your manual.

Anthony Hill            | Sig files?  SIG FILES?!  What the

1. DEMO32.EXE from the SDK, and INS-1500: Doesn't work.

The demonstration program provided with the Software Development Kit
from CAPI Association seems not to work with INS-1500 (Japaneese) PRI.

We send CONNECT_REQ to initiate a call, we get CONNECT_CONF without
any error code.
Then the net makes CAPI send the message DISCONNECT_IND with
REASON=0x34e5
which is "Message not compatible with call state"

Anyone know why this message comes? Or of differences between INS-1500
and other protocols, I mean such differenties that a CAPI programmer
must consider?

More info:
The hardware is Eicon S2M, and the net simulator is Aculab's "Groomer".
Platform: NT 4.0

The answering side also runs the SDK's DEMO32.EXE, and is put in
listening mode with "l". We were told the answering side sent a
"ALERT_REQ" as an answer to "CONNECT_IND" and that it shouldn't. But
this is as I said the
answering side, and it is the calling side that gets the error.
Both sides immediately get a DISCONNECT_IND, but the answering side
gets no error code, "Normal call clearing". We also removed the
ALERT_REQ sending from the DEMO32.EXE, but we got the same result.

Any input will be appriciated

/Lennart Floreby

2. My Friend Needs a New TV

3. Help Net Diag works in Dos, but doesn't work in Windows

4. Help: How does NT4 DDK integrate with VStudio 6 ?

5. Network doesn't work under Win95, though LANtastic 6.0 DOS works perfectly on same machines.

6. ATARI 1050 DISKDRIVE WANTED

7. GVC 28.8 doesn't work in DOS !?!?!?!

8. How Do I Tell Who is the Process Owner of a Script file Called by smrsh so I can set File Permissions

9. Supra 288i PnP doesn't work with DOS-Games?

10. CAPTURE in Win.ini w/Client 32 2.2 DOS/WIN doesn't works

11. Modem won't work: lights flash, but it doesn't do anything

12. Power Mac 6100/60, modem port doesn't work for modem