(HELP!) Hayes ACCURA 288

Post by JIM MO » Sun, 09 Jul 1995 04:00:00

P(>I purchased a Hayes ACCURA 288B internal modem to replace my
old
P(>14.4 modem.
P(>However, my Procom Plus 2.0 for Windows can't detect it, and
it
P(>cause Procomm
P(>to go online all the time, even when I push the hang up button
P(>serveral time.
P(>
P(>I use msd.exe to check the com port and it reports that COM3:
P(>baud rate is 3!
P(>The parity is N, data bit 8,1 CD=Yes, RI=No, DSR=Yes, CTS=Yes.
P(>Which is not
P(>normal. I tried to use mode.com to set the buadrate, but
nothing
P(>changes.
P(>
P(>Any suggestion? Does it really break down?
P(>
P(>I faxed my question to Hayes support serveral time, but no
P(>response at all.
P(>Is this the result of BOCA buying Hayes?

No.........

I picked up two Hayes Accura 28.8B Internal Fax modems and I also
run ProcommPlus for Windows v2.0 with no problems. Matter of
fact, the self set up string by Procomm works just dandy for
procomm. I did have to alter my int string for my IP though.

If you brought your Accura Pre March 95 it's a V.FC and POST
march 95 it's a V.34/V.FC from the factory. There is an upgrade
program, V.FC to V.34/V.FC for $49 ea., but it backed up till the
fall and it's First Come - First Served...

Jim

---
 * PowerAccess 1.06 *I* didn't do it, the *computer* did it!

1. Motorola Power 288 Connecting to Hayes Accura 288

I have a Motorola Power 288 external modem and I am trying to connect to a NT
server running RAS.  I am using windows 95.  The modem will dial correctly and
then it will disconnect.  I also have NT workstation installed on my PC and
connect to the server via the modem just fine.  I know it has something to do
with windows95 and the initialization string.  I have connected to this server
using windows 95 using other modems but with the Motorola Power modem it won't
connect.  Thanks for your help in advance.

RickG.

2. Netmeeting/LogitechPRO3000

3. Help: Hayes Accura 288

4. DataFork fonts on MAC OS9.2

5. Hayes Accura 288 v.fc + fax system lockups HELP

6. MM JDBC driver: Server configuration denies access to data sourc

7. Hayes Accura 288 V.FC+FAX - downloading problems - HELP

8. GOCE NewDeal ShyFonts Round 10 for Download

9. Hayes Accura 288 V.FC upgrade???

10. Hayes ACCURA 288 Message Modem - Anyone know about it?

11. Accura Hayes 288 modem Voice&Fax strings

12. REDUCED Hayes Accura 288

13. SupraFaxModem 288 or Hayes Accura?