SERIAL INTERCHANGE CIRCUI

Post by Bob Mye » Tue, 25 Feb 1992 05:35:00

Have you thought of looking in a book called the Data Communications
Standards Book, put out by McGraw-Hill?  It contains alot of info on
the standards you are asking about.

-bob

1. Serial interchange circuits - RS232 etc.

[Please note - I posted this to c.p.m and got only one response, so I
am re/cross-posting. Does anyone have any idea which is the correct
newsgroup for an enquiry of this nature?]

What I am after is information on Serial Interchange ciruits,
such as RS232, X21, RS422, RS423, 20mA;
in order to write a (mini-paper type) essay.

Any on-line documentation you have therefore would be welcome,
such as Technical spec or general overview.
(Also perhaps some documentation on chip(set)s such as the 8250.)

If you could either mail me or point me in the right direction for FTP
etc. I would be grateful. (Or even post it if you think it will be
useful to many readers)

Thanks in advance,
BJS

--
Gateways you may like to try if you have trouble are:
UKACRL.BITNET (uk.ac.earn-relay)

2. BDRand 3.22

3. INTERCHANGE CABLES

4. contour error message

5. Interchange cables

6. Bubblesort

7. PC-Mac modem interchange. How to do it.

8. Product Catalog

9. EDI Electronic Data Interchange

10. Seeking Companies for Hardware/Firmware Technology Interchange

11. Information Wanted on Electronic Data Interchange (

12. Interchanging SYS !

13. Interchanging SYS