Caller ID Problems Caller ID Problems Caller ID Problems

Caller ID Problems Caller ID Problems Caller ID Problems

Post by pcwizar » Wed, 01 Oct 1997 04:00:00

I can't get a USR Sportster 33.6 voice to work with caller ID.

I've tried 3 different units, using a variety of software and AT
initialization strings.

A cheap caller ID display works on my line, so I know I'm getting a
signal.

Any suggestions or similar experiences would be great!

Caller ID Problems Caller ID Problems Caller ID Problems

Post by Gary Lun » Mon, 06 Oct 1997 04:00:00

Did you ever find an answer? USR  told me to install unimodem V to access
those features - duh. Anyway, I think it's just cheap software, but please
let me know if you find a work-around.
--
Best Wishes!
Gary

Quote:> I can't get a USR Sportster 33.6 voice to work with caller ID.

> I've tried 3 different units, using a variety of software and AT
> initialization strings.

> A cheap caller ID display works on my line, so I know I'm getting a
> signal.

> Any suggestions or similar experiences would be great!

Caller ID Problems Caller ID Problems Caller ID Problems

Post by Gary Lun » Mon, 06 Oct 1997 04:00:00

USR 's answer was to install Unimodem V, which I think I already have. I
think the best thing to do is buy better software. I have the same exact
problem, except it DOES work after I run the terminal program in RapidComm
and then shut it down.
--
Best Wishes!
Gary

Quote:> I can't get a USR Sportster 33.6 voice to work with caller ID.

> I've tried 3 different units, using a variety of software and AT
> initialization strings.

> A cheap caller ID display works on my line, so I know I'm getting a
> signal.

> Any suggestions or similar experiences would be great!

Caller ID Problems Caller ID Problems Caller ID Problems

Post by Aaron » Tue, 07 Oct 1997 04:00:00

Best solution I found was to dump the G%^$% D%&N USR piece of JUNK!!

I am now using a BOCA 33.6 Speakerphone Modem with the QuickLink
software, which is the same program as Rapidcon. The only difference
is that it works, which is MUCH MORE than I can say about the
USR+Rapidcom combo!

I had absolutely NO problem installing the BOCA or the software, and
it works without any problems in both Win 3.11 and Win95, and I also
didn't have to muck around with Unimodem_V (Hmmmm, wonder if the V
stands for virus :-)

Every thing (Caller ID, VoiceMail, Distinctive ring) all work as
advertised.

Again my advise: Dump the USR and get a real modem.