peer-to-peer networking and on the internet

peer-to-peer networking and on the internet

Post by wbak » Fri, 09 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Hi,
My problem,
I have two computers with 3Com EthernetIII-cards, they are connected through
a cross-wire
cable. One of them has a modem and is connected to the Internet by the
External Adapter
of Win95. The protocol on the peer-to-peer is also TCP/IP.
But I can only use one service at a time, cause when I let win95 detect the
3Com card and
install the client, protocol, services etc. the external adapter won't
recognize the modem
anymore when I try to make a connection with my ISP.
The TCP/IP protocol is shown two times, one for the external adapter, and
one for the 3Com
Ethernet card and the peer-to-peer than works just fine.
When I look at the system, win95 reports no conflicts. Everything should
work.
Suggestion would be more than welcome....

peer-to-peer networking and on the internet

Post by John Nav » Fri, 09 Jan 1998 04:00:00

[POSTED TO comp.dcom.modems]

>I have two computers with 3Com EthernetIII-cards, they are connected through
>a cross-wire
>cable. One of them has a modem and is connected to the Internet by the
>External Adapter
>of Win95.

External adapter?  You mean a serial port?

Quote:>The protocol on the peer-to-peer is also TCP/IP.
>But I can only use one service at a time, cause when I let win95 detect the
>3Com card and
>install the client, protocol, services etc. the external adapter won't
>recognize the modem
>anymore when I try to make a connection with my ISP.

What exactly is the problem?

Quote:>The TCP/IP protocol is shown two times, one for the external adapter, and
>one for the 3Com
>Ethernet card and the peer-to-peer than works just fine.
>When I look at the system, win95 reports no conflicts. Everything should
>work.

I have a similar setup that works fine.

--
Best regards,

      28800-56K Modem FAQ:  http://www.aimnet.com/~jnavas/modem/faq.html

1. Peer-to-Peer network on internet

What is my cheapest option to create a peer-to-peer network over the
internet, security is NOT an issue.

I want to map a drive from one computer to another at 2 locations using an
ISP.

TIA_POS

2. shortcut for copying para/text formats ???

3. Networking Peer-to-Peer and on the Internet

4. Setting up PROXY 2.0 soon....

5. >> Win95 Peer-to-peer Network Linked with NT Network <<

6. *** HOU-TX Electrical Engineer ***

7. Any tips or ideas?

8. Tracking internet usage in win98 peer to peer network?

9. Plugging Netware into Peer-to-Peer Windows Hub KILLS Internet Connect: WHY ????

10. Wireless peer-to-peer LAN sharing dial up internet connection

11. Plugging Netware into Peer-to-Peer Windows Hub KILLS Internet Connect: WHY ????

12. BETA TESTERS for peer-to-peer Internet software