USRobotics COM port settings on Packard Bell

USRobotics COM port settings on Packard Bell

Post by St. Sinne » Fri, 03 Oct 1997 04:00:00

Has anyone else had the same problem as I?
Before I installed the USR modem I had the custom PB sound card/modem combo
card and it worked fine on COM 1. Now I tried to install the USR modem and
it will not accept COM 1 it defaults to COM 2. Normally this wont mean jack
to me either way, but now my DOS games wont let me use the modem. Am I
missing somethin here? Oh BTW I am running Windows 95. Should I insert the
black shunts on the metal pins of the modem so it will force it to default
to COM 1? How do I get my DOS programs to recognize the modem? please reply
via e-mail.
Thanks to all

begin 666 * Soothes.txt

M92!G<F]W<R!I;G1O(&AA=')E9"X-"BXN+F%N9"!V:6]L96YC92!S;VUE=&EM

`
end

1. Setting up JMOD connector for serial port B for Packard Bell

I am trying to find information on how to enable serial port B on my
packardbell mother board model PB570.  There is a 20 pin connector
(JMOD/J5B1) on this mother board.  Is there a cable available to
interface
between this connector and a standard DB9/DB25 serial port? How do I
know
if this motherboard actually has two serial ports?  I would ultimately
like to disable the internal 14.4 modem and attach two external modems
to both serial ports A&B.

Any Information will be greatly appreciated

Thanks Ron
--

2. BSP dialing...

3. packard bell and usrobotics

4. Matrox Millenium 2MB with Adaptec 2940?

5. Packard Bell modem jumper settings to disable modem

6. What does OS/2 v2.0 deliver?

7. Packard Bell 300/1200 settings

8. Help about Epson Perfection 610

9. Request for dip switch settings on 1200 packard bell

10. Using COM-Port driver like a real COM Port?

11. Com port read over net and make look like real com port on second computer?

12. com port settings