A new great RS232 terminal (Ascii,hex,deci,bin) - RS232 Monitor

A new great RS232 terminal (Ascii,hex,deci,bin) - RS232 Monitor

Post by Laurent Scha » Mon, 15 Apr 2002 22:37:49

I've seen some questions on this group about RS232 terminal programms.
That's why I have post this message in order to introduce a shareware
which may interesst some of the readers from this group. Docklight is
a new RS232 terminal and communication monitor in Ascii, Hex, deci and
binary.

Docklight (http://www.docklight.de or http://www.fuh-edv.de/docklight)
is a test, analysis and simulation tool for serial communication
protocols. It allows you to monitor the communication between two
serial devices or to test the serial communication of a single device.
The program can send out user-defined sequences according to the
protocol used and it can react to incoming sequences which makes it
possible to simulate the behaviour of a serial communication device,
f.e. in order to test conditions that are hard to reproduce with the
original device (e.g. problem conditions).

1. hex-to-bin & bin-to-hex conversion

If you've ever wanted to convert the various flash files to their
binary images, or vice versa, download this utility:

 http://www.danbbs.dk/~rmadrm/util.exe

from this page:

 http://danbbs.dk/~rmadrm/utility.htm

Extract the hexbin2.exe and bin2hex.exe files. These utilities support
Intel, Motorola, Digital Research, Tektronix, and Intel Hex-32
formats.

-- Franc Zabkar

Please remove one 'g' from my address when replying by email.

2. Cable Question

3. HELP:PINOUT 9Pin DECPc RS232<->25PIN RS232 SMART MODEM

4. FS: Diamond Max hard drives $200 or BestOffer

5. RS232 <-- TCP/IP --> RS232 (emulation software)

6. Sorting XML using XSL - very simple question

7. need help importing data from RS232 into terminal program

8. FP22 up in Moscow

9. RS232 Monitor

10. Data Monitor for Rs232 PORT

11. Translate (i)pppd hex output to ascii

12. Cisco 1601 + HIS through RS232

13. Cisco 1605r RS232 port