Any 64K DOVBS ISPs?

Post by Jeffrey Rhode » Fri, 11 Apr 1997 04:00:00

I've seen several postings that Ascend, Zyxel and Adtran ISDN
equipment TA/routers support 64K DOVBS. What happens when these
ISDN devices call an ISP's digital number in 64K DOVBS mode?
For example, call the dialin normally used for 64K DODBS (data
over data bearer service) with 64K DOVBS(data over voice bearer
service).

Unless the ISP has taken precautions to NOT accept voice bearer
calls on their PRIs, I would expect this to likely work if
answered, since telco network expansion for ISP access uses
modern clear channel technology, not bit-robbing 56K-only
obsolete technology.

Anyone tried this? I use Worldnet which does not have ISDN access
and BitSurfr Pro which has only 56K DOVBS, so I cannot check for
myself.

Thanks for posting anything related to 64K DOVBS.

1. Any 64K DOVBS ISPs?

I've seen several postings that Ascend, Zyxel and Adtran ISDN
equipment TA/routers support 64K DOVBS. What happens when these
ISDN devices call an ISP's digital number in 64K DOVBS mode?
For example, call the dialin normally used for 64K DODBS (data
over data bearer service) with 64K DOVBS(data over voice bearer
service).

Unless the ISP has taken precautions to NOT accept voice bearer
calls on their PRIs, I would expect this to likely work if
answered, since telco network expansion for ISP access uses
modern clear channel technology, not bit-robbing 56K-only
obsolete technology.

Anyone tried this? I use Worldnet which does not have ISDN access
and BitSurfr Pro which has only 56K DOVBS, so I cannot check for
myself.

Thanks for posting anything related to 64K DOVBS.

2. Deskmate vs Novell

3. RH348: DOVBS problems, but 64K/data fine

4. a4000 pics posted!

5. DOVBS ISP support in Philadelphia area???

6. PSION SERIES 5/HP320LX

7. DOVBS calls on an AS5300

8. FP2K - Import Web

9. X2 DOVBS over long distance

10. Bi-64 kbit/s for ISDN DOVBS callers to V.90 RAS

11. X2 DOVBS over long distance

12. Bi-64 kbit/s for ISDN DOVBS callers to V.90 RAS

13. Changing RT328 from DOVBS to Data