*SupraFAX 288 Confusion

Post by Jay Ran » Sun, 28 Apr 1996 04:00:00

I have been using my SupraFAX 288 modem on my macintosh for about a year
now, and only recently I've had a lot of trouble connecting to my ISP's
local access number. At first it started connecting at lower speeds but
now It almost never keeps a connection past the login routine even at very
low speeds. The confusion is that my modem still connects just fine to my
ISP's long distance number, usually at 28.8. Therefore I would think Its
the modem at this local number, except that no one else that I have talked
to have had any trouble with the local number. I don't know anyone else
with a SupraFAX 288 either by the way.
I've tried various Init strings but nothing seems to help.

Jay Raney

1. RAS, a SupraFax 288 and a 288 connect question??

 I can't seem to get RAS to connect to my netcom shell account at
anything but 14.4. I have a SupraFax 288 external modem that connects
at 288 using Procomm but not with RAS. I've messed with the Modem.inf
in the RAS directory a little and can't seem to change my connection.
 Any ideas?
thanks
mike

2. compiling pine with suspend deature turned off

3. ASMs & SupraFax 288

4. Setup won't execute- complains partial install prevents new install

5. €€€ Problems with SupraFax 288 on Mac €€€

6. Boeing Commercial Airplane Group - Presentation

7. Problems with SUPRAFAX 288 External

8. NetBIOS do I need it?

9. SupraFax 288 Auto-Answer Problem (repost)

10. New SupraFax SFM 288 1.44-12 flasher problems

11. SupraFax 288 Display & Light Dimmers

12. SupraFax 288: can someone explain this??