Hayes Accura fixing the speed

Post by Daniel Hawkin » Tue, 17 Feb 1998 04:00:00

can anyone help?

I need to fix the speed a hayes accura 56k talks out of it's serial port
to 9600. I'm sure there must be an S register that does this as I know you
can definatley fix the modem to modem speed but the online help program
hayes supply is kak and only seems to list commands and registers hayes
think might be useful to you?

and before anyone starts flaming me I know it seems like a daft idea
wanting to fix a k56 capable modem to 9600 but I just need to OK

Dan

Hayes Accura fixing the speed

Post by B & » Tue, 17 Feb 1998 04:00:00

try:
AT+MS=56,,,,,,9600

1. Hayes Accura 56K connect speeds slow.

Hi.

I have an internal Hayes Accura 56K speakerphone modem. For some
reason I can never seem to connect above 40000bps.  My download speeds
on a zip file from my ISP's FTP site never seem to reach above 3.8k/s
either.

I've checked the obvious things like modem setup and I'm running with
the latest flash upgrade. My telephone extension sockets are all okay
and all other phones are removed when I connect. If I try a line noise
test I can hear a very faint hissing but this is almost undetectable.
(I appreciate this will still affect modem operation)
 BT my telephone company have checked the line on several occasions
and even increased the gain for me.

Here are some results for ATI3 and AT&V1

AT&V1

OK
at&v1
TERMINATION REASON.......... NONE
LAST TX rate................ 24000 BPS
HIGHEST TX rate............. 24000 BPS
LAST RX rate................ 40000 BPS
HIGHEST RX rate............. 40000 BPS
PROTOCOL.................... LAPM
COMPRESSION................. V42Bis
Line QUALITY................ 013
Rx LEVEL.................... 018
Highest Rx State............ 68
Highest TX State............ 67
EQM Sum..................... 00ED
RBS Pattern................. 00
Rate Drop................... 00
Digital Pad................. None
Local Rtrn Count............ 00
Remote Rtrn Count........... 00
V8bis K56Flex 9481814342E2

ATI3

V1.120HZ-K56_DLP

OK

Is there anything I can do to improve my connect speed and download
rate? I'm sure that I should be getting better results than this!
Am I missing something?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Mark Spalding

Remove the X's from my email address to reply via email

2. File Replication Services always stop

3. Hayes ACCURA 56K int Fax Modem...speed...HELP ME

4. AD: Software Testing

5. Hayes ACCURA <-> ACCURA can't connect above 24000

6. I Need Visio Technical 4. Desperately

7. Hayes Accura won't connect to Supra 28.8 at full speed

8. HAYES 56K int. 5669 Speed issue FIX

9. Hayes Accura 14.4 not working Hayes Optima 14.4 is working

10. floating DTE speed versus fixed DTE speed?

11. AS5200 - Hayes Accura Modem Problems

12. Hayes Accura 56K